Touch up Paint

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Desert Rat

Reaction score
Hey, I have a dark cherry 07 wit a few small battle wounds that I would like to touch up. Any ideas were to get the paint/ The dealer didn't have a clue.

I found a good color match to the Black Cherry. I found it at Auto Zone in the Dupli-color display. NG CC 413. Dark Garnet Red Pearl. It's a Chrysler paint color. I used to touch up some small spots on the lower fairing.

Hey, I have a dark cherry 07 wit a few small battle wounds that I would like to touch up. Any ideas were to get the paint/ The dealer didn't have a clue.
I have the same bike and had the same problem. I ordered touch-up paint from colorrite.com after taking advice from others on this forum. Enter your motorcycle and year and match the color they suggest from the data you enter. I just touched my paint up today and the dark cherry red from colorrite matched perfectly. Let the touch up dry for 24 hours. Buff the excess paint ( I used a drimmel soft pad) and then touch it up with the clear coat. I ordered the clear coat pen, the dk cherry red pen, and the primer pen. I did not need the primer but you definatly want to get the clear coat pen to put the shine back into it after the paint dry's and you have buffed it off.

My last 2 bikes have been black so I just use black fingernail polish to do touch ups, it blends perfectly.

I also have the Black Cherry with a couple of scratches. I ordered from colorrite.com and the color was perfect. All I needed was the touch-up pen but worked well.