Tour Master Cortech GX-Air mesh jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FJREB

Does anyone have the Tourmaster Cortech Gx-Air jacket? What is your opinion, would you recommend it? I'm thinking about trying to get away from riding the freeways in a tee-shirt on these hot days. Any sugestions on a cool but protective jacket that also has a good liner system to make it somewhat universal. I'm in California so my temperature range is pretty small. Thanks in advance for any responses!

I don't know about the Cortech but I have a mesh Joe Rocket Phoenix with the liner and it works pretty well for me. The liner is the waterproof part and really is only good when the temperatures are under, say 75 (It can get hot). I usually ride without the liner, and with the windshield down, it is pretty comfortable through the eighties; after that it gets kind of warm but remember I'm in S.C. where the humidity is pretty high. Probably the hottest part of the jacket is the back because of the foam padding (their are two sets of pads, one sewn in and one removable but I leave both in so it does/can get a little warm). If you're riding in just a t-shirt I would recommend you get a mesh jacket, brand, whichever you like.

I have the Cortech GX Air jacket and would recommend it. I use it most of the year here in the mountains of East Tennessee and North Carolina. It will be warmer than a T-shirt...but safer. I put the liner in on late Fall, early Spring mornings when the temp is below 50 or so. I have used it, w/ the liner, down to 38 but it was on the coolish side. Any colder and I switch to a Kili 3 jacket.

I've had my fieldsheer for two years and like it also. It's a little bulky, zip out liner too. Price is good too.

We've actually had "summer" temps in NY for the past few days, it's a little warm with on, but it beats having no skin with these maniac drivers we have.

g

Does anyone have the Tourmaster Cortech Gx-Air jacket? What is your opinion, would you recommend it? I'm thinking about trying to get away from riding the freeways in a tee-shirt on these hot days. Any sugestions on a cool but protective jacket that also has a good liner system to make it somewhat universal. I'm in California so my temperature range is pretty small. Thanks in advance for any responses!
I have more jackets than I care to admit to (kind of like a woman looking for the ONE purse :D ).

Any how, I have had the TourMaster Flex jacket since April and I think I have finally found just one jacket for all seasons! See link below for description:

https://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.ph...=35&cat=0&page=

Best Regards,

Shane

I'm in California so my temperature range is pretty small. Thanks in advance for any responses!
I just ordered one yesterday from New Enough. I'm in the California foothills and it seemd to be a good compromise of protection and venting. I'll post up here and let you know.

i've got the joe rocket 3 piece. pretty good when just mesh with an evaporative vest. not so good with the outer shell unless i also wear the rain line to break the wind.

derek

I'm in California so my temperature range is pretty small. Thanks in advance for any responses!
I just ordered one yesterday from New Enough. I'm in the California foothills and it seemd to be a good compromise of protection and venting. I'll post up here and let you know.

I was up in sac from the Bay area of San Fran and used my Tourmaster Cortech air. i have had this jacket for about three years and just love it. Better air flow than my First Gear. I carry a First Gear wind and waterproof liner in case it cools down.

I Also have the GX Air and love it, LOTS more air flow then the fieldsheer! and built better also.

The new one that come out for 06 has leather on the shoulders that's even better.........way cool.

Uncaged

------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane Stump.

Is the Jacket Mesh like the GX Air (open mesh?) So you can use it in Summer (open Mesh) or fall (liner in?)

Is the Air flow the same as the GX or open mesh jackets you buy?

I was looking at that Jacket, I'm like you, I have like Way Too Many Jackets...... :dribble:

Thanks.

Uncaged

Last edited by a moderator:
Tourmaster Flex. Rode today starting at 42F, ended at 102F.

Started the ride with inner liners out, just the outer cover over the mesh.

Remove the outer cover when it got hot.

I think this jacket will work well for all temps..

Last edited by a moderator:
Any how, I have had the TourMaster Flex jacket since April and I think I have finally found just one jacket for all seasons! See link below for description:

Tourmaster Flex. Rode today starting at 42F, ended at 102F.

Started the ride with inner liners out, just the outer cover over the mesh.

Remove the outer cover when it got hot.

I think this jacket will work well for all temps..

Shane and DCarver, If I read the advertising right, the Flex jacket is made so that the whole outer layer can be unzipped and removed to expose a flow through mesh. One thing that attracts me to the GX-Air is the two stage liner. The flex add also states "Includes Tour Master´s removable Two-Stage Aqua-Therm liner". Is the waterproof part of the two stage liner the outer shell in this case or is there an inner one in addition to the outer shell? Thanks to all for the info.

Last edited:
I just bought the Tourmaster Flex jacket and it's pretty good. I also checked out the tourmaster pivot jacket and thought it was better, but did not have all of the options for rain and heat. At $140 the tourmaster pivot can't be beat.

I recently bought the GX-Air and really had the chance to put it to the test yesterday riding around Vermont, where the temp. was in the 90's and the humidity was pretty high. I got the silver one and really like it. My only piece of advice is, as NewEnough describes, they do run big. It's kind of funny, I have a Cortech Magnum leather jacket - XL which runs small and fits me like a glove, and got the L GX-Air and it's a big big in the torso. At least you can use the snaps to cinch in the arms and the velcro at the waist. Yesterday I was riding with my dad and he was in a t-shirt and I think because I didn't have the sun directly on my skin I was actually a bit more comfortable. Even though it seems they are using Oprah as a sizing model, I feel I can trust their quality and safety.

I have the Olympia air glide jacket and pants, both have waterproof liners, the jacket is good down to low 40's. The jacket liner IS waterproof, walking around the Americade in the pouring rain, tee shirt not even damp. Great quality. The pants I wear with shorts underneath, and for commuting, air flows right through.

https://www.olympiamotosports.com/airglide/airglide.htm

I too was looking for a hot weather (mesh) riding jacket. While at Americade I found the Tourmaster Intake jacket. https://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.ph...ductid=43&cat=3 . It is unbelievable. It comes with a waterproof liner and an insolated liner. Both zip in-out easily. It rained 3 days while I was at Americade & with the waterproof liner under the mesh shell I stood totally dry (even at insane speed) ;) . If it had been Autumn I would have zipped the insolated liner under the waterproof one. The best thing is if you shop around on the net you can purchase this jacket for $116.

BTW I rode today in 92 degree heat & it was the most comfortable protective gear I have ever worn at this temp. This one is a keeper. :clapping:

I too was looking for a hot weather (mesh) riding jacket. While at Americade I found the Tourmaster Intake jacket. https://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.ph...ductid=43&cat=3 . It is unbelievable. It comes with a waterproof liner and an insolated liner. Both zip in-out easily. It rained 3 days while I was at Americade & with the waterproof liner under the mesh shell I stood totally dry (even at insane speed) ;) . If it had been Autumn I would have zipped the insolated liner under the waterproof one. The best thing is if you shop around on the net you can purchase this jacket for $116.

BTW I rode today in 92 degree heat & it was the most comfortable protective gear I have ever worn at this temp. This one is a keeper. :clapping:
+1 on the Tour Master Intake Jacket. What I like about it is that it has a waterproof/windproof liner, AND it has a colder weather liner that can be added on top of that for when it gets colder in the So Cal winters. I'm selling my Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket and my Gericke Edge mesh jacket since the Intake will replace both of them.

John

For those with the Tourmaster Flex jackets, have you tried it in the rain? Curious to know how it works in the rain, of course with the exterior panels on.