Tour Master Cortech GX-Air mesh jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any how, I have had the TourMaster Flex jacket since April and I think I have finally found just one jacket for all seasons! See link below for description:

Tourmaster Flex. Rode today starting at 42F, ended at 102F.

Started the ride with inner liners out, just the outer cover over the mesh.

Remove the outer cover when it got hot.

I think this jacket will work well for all temps..

Shane and DCarver, If I read the advertising right, the Flex jacket is made so that the whole outer layer can be unzipped and removed to expose a flow through mesh. One thing that attracts me to the GX-Air is the two stage liner. The flex add also states "Includes Tour Master´s removable Two-Stage Aqua-Therm liner". Is the waterproof part of the two stage liner the outer shell in this case or is there an inner one in addition to the outer shell? Thanks to all for the info.

The Flex jacket is really UNIQUE in its design. See the link below for a REALLY good explanation about the jacket:

https://www.newenough.com/tour_master_flex_jacket_page.htm

The reason it attracted me is that it requires much less space than two jackets (+ liners). When the jacket is converted to mesh jacket (air-flow mode), it breathes more than my First Gear Mesh II jacket. If it gets cold, just put the outer layer back on for wind protection. If it starts getting wet and colder, add the water / wind liner. If it REALLY gets cold, add the thermal liner.

The hardest part of the jacket is getting use to taking it apart / putting it back together (not too bad).

Another nice thing about the jacket is that it comes with upgraded armor (compared to other brands like First Gear).

Shop around. I purchased the Flex jacket from one of www.hondadirectline.com 's many stores when they were having a 10% off sale and I got the jacket delivered to my house for $152 (less than the price of a First Gear Mesh jacket + upgraded armor)!

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Shane

For those with the Tourmaster Flex jackets, have you tried it in the rain? Curious to know how it works in the rain, of course with the exterior panels on.
I have ridden though many SE Texas / Lousiana rain storms lately and the Flex Jacket is water proof as long as you have the wind / rain liner in. I haven' tried it with just the exterior panels on (I will try that coming up)!

Best Regards,

Shane

Apparently, TourMaster makes a LOT of well designed all-season jackets. See the link below and select the features that are important to you:

https://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/pages.php?...textile_jackets

Best Regards,

Shane

In case anyone is looking at these (GX Air)... I'll repeat what I've stated in the past... before you buy anywhere else, check with G. McCoy @ Univ. Motors (~$135)...

In case anyone is looking at these (GX Air)... I'll repeat what I've stated in the past... before you buy anywhere else, check with G. McCoy @ Univ. Motors (~$135)...

you have link or # im actually want to buy one.. :D

Holy Thread Resurrection!

I just scored one of the GX air jackets on ebay (XL) It came without a liner...Have any of he GX air owners here happened to wear out thir jacket?

I'd like to find a deal on a liner ;)