Tour Packs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZRIDR

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tour packs are interchangeable between the different generations? For example will a 2005 tour pak fit on a 2006 FJR?

Do you mean side cases or panniers?  If so, all years are interchangeable and detailed in the FJR Model Comparison Matrix we suggested when you signed up.

I was curious about the trunk / top case. 

I must have missed the comparison matrix... Would you mind sharing a link? 
It's pinned on the forum here.  I don't have the stock top case, but having a Givi...I believe it's Gen 1 have one style and Gen 2-4 are the other.  The years for generations are denoted in the matrix.

I just checked and it opened for me. Here're some things to try on your end.

If on a desktop/laptop, try clearing ALL cookies, cache, and history from your browser then try again. Try a different browser if that doesn't work.

If on mobile, try the above (if it allows it), then try a different browser. If that doesn't work, try your desktop/laptop to see if it's a mobile issue.

matrix.jpg

Tour pack? I bet your last bike was a Harley wasn't it? Around here that's a top box or trunk.

Go with the Givi mount and one of their trunks. Their mounting rack is much sturdier.

Tour pack? I bet your last bike was a Harley wasn't it? Around here that's a top box or trunk.

Go with the Givi mount and one of their trunks. Their mounting rack is much sturdier.
It was an Indian actually! ;)    Do the "trunks" from Givi come with everything that is needed to mount on a stock FJR?

It was an Indian actually! ;)    Do the "trunks" from Givi come with everything that is needed to mount on a stock FJR?
Short answer no, you'll need to purchase a FJR specific mount. Many here use the SR357 mount which takes the place of the stock luggage rack. Makes for a nice sturdy trunk mount.

~G

Does the SR357 accept a variety of top cases, or is it specific to GIVI?
From Givi it's specific to the Monokey cases. Forum inmates have removed the monokey mount and fitted others, for example an OE Yamaha trunk mount. All it takes is some simple fabrication skills.

~G