Touring Clothes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that modern stuff sure sounds neat. I'm sure you can put together a really nice outfit.

But when you're in a pinch newspaper is your friend.

Head into the nearest Dennys and warm yourself up with a nice hot cup of Joe. Get some food in ya, and be sure to empty your bladder before you head out. In the entry way, pick up the days news and stuff it in your jacket. Take a couple of sections and put them down your pants legs. If you have room put some in your sleeves above your elbows. You will be surprised how well it works in keeping the heat in.

I'm not saying don't buy the new stuff, go ahead and spend what it takes to outfit yourself for the trip. Just remember the old school method works too.

Enjoy!

Brodie

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of tourmaster jackets for warmer weather use . I bringthe Intake on extended trips , with the thermal and rain liner it's good for as cold as I'll get in the mountains, and with just the mesh it's cool enough for up to about 95. add a set of rain bibs and I'm covered.