Touring tank bag 1MC-F41E0-V0-00

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou D

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying the Yamaha OEM touring tank bag. The ones I have seen are listed for a 2009-2016. Mine is a 2006. I thought all the Gen IIs were the same. Any reason it will not fit? Does anyone have one and comment about it?

It'll fit w/o any issues. FJRs, from '06 - '16 are the same [except color] in the tank / seat areas.

Good luck. Yamaha makes a good looking tank bag.

--G

Assuming it's the one I think it is, a couple of things to note.

The hooks that go over the rear of the tank will remove the paint from the seam, rust will ensue. I put a piece of old inner tube rubber between the hooks and the tank.

Take care getting the front strap connection in just the right place. Get it wrong, it will interfere with your steering. Don't trap any wires or brake lines under the strap.

Expect the tank to press buttons for you on full lock ;) .

Otherwise, it's a reasonable bag, but with the unusual (to me) characteristic that the expansion zip increases the size of the upper section, not the lower, so you won't get large items in there even when expanded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from the Yukon, I bought the touring bag to go with the '14 ES that I just rode home from Saskatoon. So after 4,000 miles, I detoured a bit through to Portland Or, I arrived back in Whitehorse. The touring tank bag is good once you have adjusted all the straps on the base tank cover that the touring bag attaches to. The bag is spacious and as the previous note indicated only the top is expandable; however, this bag is big enough. the top section will hold a laptop or tablet (Surface Pro for me) travel log etc. and the bottom section is spacious enough for a camera, waterbottle, plexis shield cleaner, snacks and a few other items. The other feature that I like is when you have to fill up you just unsnap the front of the bag, where it attaches to the tank cover and pivot it back over toward the seat, then fill up then reattach. There are three side compartments, one on the right and left of the bag and one at the front (closest to the rider). The side compartments are of good size to carry cell phone, flash ligh, disc lock etc. the front pockect (smaller than the other two, works for passport, pens, small items. The bag also has a handle built in for carrying, a shoulder strap and a strap that snaps on so the bag is a knapsack, and of course a plastic rain cover. The rain cover fits very tight which is a blessing and a curse - once on it is not affected by wind, getting it on is a bit of a pain.

Mike

'14 ES Black

'04 Duc ST3 Red of course

'75 Water Buffalo

Thanks for the comments guys. I think I`m getting it. It sure looks good and the one on there now flops around alot and its getting a little shabby.

I lost the cover at speed, no real drama there, BUT it acts like a dam,it collects a LOT of water.

I used some of that anti-slip material to sit it firmly on the tank, help protect the paint.

It's a nice bag. Looks great. I went with the Givi tankloc. Whatever you choose, for LD a tank bag makes things much more convenient.

Last edited: