Touring Tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Airhead,
You might also want to check out Shinko's Raven 009 radials

st009_rear_200px.jpg

They're W rated and pretty acceptable if you're not a canyon raider. As a matter of fact I've used them on Alpine roads and they hold their own.

In comparison with tires of loftier lineage (BT021, PilotPower, Conti RoadAttack, Sportmax Qualifier, Viper etc.) Ravens are stiffer tires with a longer-lasting rubber mix, hence not as comfortable and sporty as the competition.

If a 'Stone is expected to last you 5,000 miles (my average is 3,500) you'll do almost double that with a Raven.

You can order them HERE for about $200 a set.

Stef
Not sure what the deal is, but I just ordered a set for $154.88, shipping and all. Just hit the link provided by Stef, then instead of hitting "add to cart", hit the "tire size number" and it will take you to their new website where for whatever reason, the prices are lower. Or, try this Link for Cheap Tires

Just in case ya'll want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of the Goldwings riders use car tires, Barrie. Maybe you can be the first to try an auto tire and report back to us? Should get at least 30-40K from one of those.
While on a poker run this weekend I was asked by a couple about my '05. They are GW owners who now have 130k miles on it and are looking for an FJR. One of his first Q's was about tire life...he said he was tired of travelling across country to CA, OR, ect and having to buy a set of new tires on the road before he even got home...he was getting much less than 7k miles on his sometimes. Granted he was riding two up and had a full load and probably a trailer so that shortened the tire life for sure.

I guess it's like the riders on this forum...I get ~9-10k miles out of my Avons, others get 3500. Guess I just need to scrape the pegs a little more :)

Airhead,
You might also want to check out Shinko's Raven 009 radials

st009_rear_200px.jpg

They're W rated and pretty acceptable if you're not a canyon raider. As a matter of fact I've used them on Alpine roads and they hold their own.

In comparison with tires of loftier lineage (BT021, PilotPower, Conti RoadAttack, Sportmax Qualifier, Viper etc.) Ravens are stiffer tires with a longer-lasting rubber mix, hence not as comfortable and sporty as the competition.

If a 'Stone is expected to last you 5,000 miles (my average is 3,500) you'll do almost double that with a Raven.

You can order them HERE for about $200 a set.

Stef
Not sure what the deal is, but I just ordered a set for $154.88, shipping and all. Just hit the link provided by Stef, then instead of hitting "add to cart", hit the "tire size number" and it will take you to their new website where for whatever reason, the prices are lower. Or, try this Link for Cheap Tires

Just in case ya'll want to know.
Scab, make sure that you give a report on these. Who knows, this could possibly be the up and coming tire f/ the FJR.

A lot of the Goldwings riders use car tires, Barrie. Maybe you can be the first to try an auto tire and report back to us? Should get at least 30-40K from one of those.
I hope that is a joke.