Touring Trunk Mount 5VS-PLATE-KT-00.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrrrr

Reaction score
Ok, hope this is not a duplicate topic, if it is then I apologize. I just let the farkling begin on my 2010 FJR that I purchased back in Oct. Some of you would be done already but cash flow is an issue with me so I had to wait. I want the usual add on items such as the trunk and mounting plate. I know there are many opinions of the stock trunk but that's what I wanted (same key lock, etc.). But I have had a terrible time finding a liquid silver trunk and the pricing is outrageous. So I went the ebay route and found two great deals and figured I would pass on some information about the mount. I had a hunch since I used to own a 2007 that had the recall on it. Instead of paying 100-125 for a mounting kit I searched ebay for a leftover 5VS-PLATE-KT-00 and found one for 40 bucks new (60 w/shipping). These are the kits that were the recall. It includes the reinforcement plate and a mount. Then I found a new trunk (cerulean silver instead of liquid silver)for 299 and it included the backrest! So I got the parts I needed substantially cheaper than buying new,trade off is the color, but still got new.

Did forum members know the recall kits had the same mounting plate that is in the new mounting kits?