Tourmaster Cortech Super Mini Magnetic Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydrus01

Reaction score
Must be a popular item because I've been waiting on one since May. Ordered through my local dealer and after pestering them they told me that their distributer, I think Helmet House, said it would be another 90 days before shipment with no further explanation. What?! So I went to the Tourmaster website clicky and behold... "Temporarily Out of Stock". Must be elf or magnet shortage? Santa might be bringing it to me after all. :blink:

Anyway you go to their FAQ clicky and it says

"If what I order is back ordered, how can I determine when it will be available?

Back ordered items are usually made available within 60-90 days. Please email us at [email protected] if you wish "out of stock" items to be back ordered or cancelled. Tour Master and Cortech will assume back orders are to be cancelled if not told otherwise via email."

Is this common for Tourmaster products?

hydrus,

I've got one bought about 2 or 3 months ago. Have used it twice, you wouldnt even know that if you saw it, looks brand new. I paid 54, will sell for 45 plus shipping?

send a pm if yer interested, enjoy and be safe,

Just cancel the order at the dealer and order online, Helmet House bites the big one. :angry:

Everything I've ordered at the dealer through Helmet House has taken forever to arrive. Last item I ordered took over 2 months to arrive, Helmet House had it backordered, then canceled the order after a week (but didn't tell the dealer). About two weeks after the expected arrival date and no call from the dealer I asked what's up. After several phone calls Helmet House finally admitted it was in stock, but they were waiting on the dealership to place another order before shipping it. Total BS if you ask me. The parts guys were told it would ship that day while on the phone (with about 10 people listening in on speakerphone) and to expect the shipment in three days. Well, a week goes by and still no shipment. . .More phone calls and empty promises. This time one of the other parts guys played back a recording of the earlier speakerphone call after the same sales rep denied even talking to them 4 days earlier. Sales rep actually hung up on the parts guys at the dealership, but three days later the shipment arrived. :unsure: I'm not sure what their problem is, but I would make sure that anything ordered at the dealership is NOT being ordered at Helmet House.

Just talked to the parts guys last week, and the Shoei Multitech the OWNER of the dealership ordered over 3 months ago STILL has not been sent. Pretty sure that Helmet House will not be seeing any more orders from this dealership.

David

Sumpin's up at TourMaster. More and more of their stuff is 'on backorder'. Add this to the list of Flex and Transition jackets.

Must be a popular item because I've been waiting on one since May. Ordered through my local dealer and after pestering them they told me that their distributer, I think Helmet House, said it would be another 90 days before shipment with no further explanation. What?! So I went to the Tourmaster website clicky and behold... "Temporarily Out of Stock". Must be elf or magnet shortage? Santa might be bringing it to me after all. :blink:
Anyway you go to their FAQ clicky and it says

"If what I order is back ordered, how can I determine when it will be available?

Back ordered items are usually made available within 60-90 days. Please email us at [email protected] if you wish "out of stock" items to be back ordered or cancelled. Tour Master and Cortech will assume back orders are to be cancelled if not told otherwise via email."

Is this common for Tourmaster products?
Joe Rocket makes a small Manta tank bag - don't know if that would help...

Last edited by a moderator: