Tourmaster Sentinel Rain Jacket Closeout

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nervous

Reaction score
Found a deal on the Tourmaster Sentinel Rain Jacket at Cruiser Customizing if you fit the sizes and colors offered.

https://www.cruisercustomizing.com/sentinel-rainsuit-jacket-mens-sizes/part/TOUR-SENTINAL-MJ

Reg $85.99

Clearance Items On Sale:
Black, S -- $56.99
Black, M -- $56.99
Black, XXXXL -- $56.99
Red, M -- $56.99
Blue, XL -- $56.99
Blue, XXXL -- $56.99
Yellow, XXL -- $56.99

Reviews are generally very positive and most recommend buying a size up from your normal size.

Pants as well in a more limited availability:

X-Small -- $32.99
Medium -- $50.99
Large -- $32.99

My personal experience with these is that the jacket is a very nice piece, but the pants suck moist ass cheese. Actually that's what you're sitting in if you wear the pants in the rain.

The jacket is phenominal, though. Also has a pocket in the back that it turns inside-out into to become its own packing bag.

The jacket is phenominal, though. Also has a pocket in the back that it turns inside-out into to become its own packing bag.
Yup... I had one but it got lost somewhere along the way... had been wanting to replace it - with this deal, the time was ripe... thanks for posting the deal!!! B)

Glad it worked for you. I only got the jacket. I had been mulling full suit for convenience but after reading reviews and mulling my particular pros and cons I think I get far more flexibility this way. Plus I really wanted a breathable piece and this one reviewed really well everywhere I looked. I already have a pair of Red Ledge breathable, packable rain pants that I can stick with for now but will be happier having a motorcycle specific top piece.

What pants work well?

Glad it worked for you. I only got the jacket. I had been mulling full suit for convenience but after reading reviews and mulling my particular pros and cons I think I get far more flexibility this way. Plus I really wanted a breathable piece and this one reviewed really well everywhere I looked. I already have a pair of Red Ledge breathable, packable rain pants that I can stick with for now but will be happier having a motorcycle specific top piece.
What pants work well?
I've had the Tourmaster jacket before and been very happy with it. I prefer two pieces as it's easier to shed a layer without having to shed the whole thing.

I have pair of Classic Tekk Toad Pants that I've been really happy with. Their earlier styles (Frogg Toggs) had issues with crotch leakage but I haven't experienced that with these. Order a size larger than you normally wear so you can get them over your regular gear easily. Very lightweight, pack easily, not too hot over the rest of the riding gear. YMMV