TPMS Mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I double sticky taped the mounting base to the top of the "Meter"
Looks good. Unfortunately, the only mount that came with the one I got is designed for a round handlebar and not adaptable to a flat surface.
I'll probably attach it directly to the space to the right of the LCD. Likely attach with 2-sided 3M tape.

I have the exact same one, I made a simple bracket to mount it to the light mount.
I could probably do that but it puts it a bit further out for reading and I am concerned about exposure to the weather with some of the reports of the unit not being 100% waterproof. Going to try the space to the right of the LCD first.

Here's what I did. I bought the Sykik Rider SRTP-300 from Amazon. I also got a couple of the dual valve metal wheel valve stems from WingThings, I think. It's waterproof, and rechargeable. I double sticky taped the mounting base to the top of the "Meter" See Photos:

View attachment 7546
I love the idea of the tee fitting! You can adjust tire pressures without having to deal with the lock nut on the TPMS sensor! There's a project for me on the next tire change.

I love the idea of the tee fitting! You can adjust tire pressures without having to deal with the lock nut on the TPMS sensor! There's a project for me on the next tire change.

That is the route I was going to take also. But Sykik recently came out with a newer model with internal wheel sensors and the popular 83 degree valve stems. So, no having to deal with cost/weight of the T-stems. Mine arrived from Amazon a few days ago. It will be a while before I have everything mounted. I plan on installing one of the aftermarket dash shelfs so will mount the display there.

Sykik SRTP-400 on Amazon

That is the route I was going to take also. But Sykik recently came out with a newer model with internal wheel sensors and the popular 83 degree valve stems. So, no having to deal with cost/weight of the T-stems. Mine arrived from Amazon a few days ago. It will be a while before I have everything mounted. I plan on installing one of the aftermarket dash shelfs so will mount the display there.

Sykik SRTP-400 on Amazon
I read some reviews on this model. They weren't especially good - mostly issues with the valve stems. Are the sensor batteries replaceable? No question that the internal sensors should be able to provide more accurate temperature values, but I expect the overall weight is just as high as the external sensors.
Anyway, I went for the unit I bought vs many of the other standalone systems because of the hard wire (no batteries in head unit), the voltage display for the bike and the USB outlet. Time will tell if it was a good purchase, but it was pretty cheap. If I elect to buy a set of the T-valve stems, they will cost more than I paid for this unit.

I read some reviews on this model. They weren't especially good - mostly issues with the valve stems. Are the sensor batteries replaceable? No question that the internal sensors should be able to provide more accurate temperature values, but I expect the overall weight is just as high as the external sensors.
Anyway, I went for the unit I bought vs many of the other standalone systems because of the hard wire (no batteries in head unit), the voltage display for the bike and the USB outlet. Time will tell if it was a good purchase, but it was pretty cheap. If I elect to buy a set of the T-valve stems, they will cost more than I paid for this unit.

Good question on the reviews. There weren't any when I purchased a week or two ago. And now some unfavorable one's. I'll find out soon enough. I thought the wheel sensors had replaceable batteries but according to their website it is not an easy process requiring soldering. Life expectancy is two years.

After I posted above I found this on their website. It doesn't specifically say if the batteries can be replaced. Supposedly improved fixing Amazon complaints?

Sensors

Sensors are fully waterproof wireless broadcasters to send pressure and temperature of the tire to the monitor. These internal sensors not only provide a more accurate reading but is also easier to add air to your tires in case of lower pressure. Since they replace your tire stems, these are the perfect replacement for your rubber stems. The sensors each include 3 small watch battery (different for each model) to last about 3 years. It provides easy access to add air or such.

Please note, this item comes in 2 sizes of 8mm (standard) and 11mm stem thickness. Please choose according to your rim.

New improved stems with stronger material and more clearance for the rim thickness than before.

Linky thingy: SRTP400 Elbow

Just read through some of the FAQ:
Looks like battery replacement might not be easy. Also can't set different alarm levels for the two tires - probably not a big deal.
  • My motorcycle has a different tire pressure for the 2 tires. Can I set different independent pressure alarms for the 2 tires?
    you can have different tire pressure for front and back on models:
    SRTP210, SRTP630, SRTP670 and SRTP690
    Model SRTP300 and SRTP400 only accepts same value for both tires for your minimum and max pressure alarms.
  • hello, how can I change the battery on sensor?
    The batteries in the internal sensors have a 2 year life. Not easily exchanged. the batteries are glued inside.
  • What kind of batteries do the sensors inside the tire require
    They take CR1632.

I have that same unit with the external sensors. I ground off the threaded insert and have it Velcroed to the upper tree.
IMG_20240713_090246_HDR.jpg

Last edited: