TPS Sensor delay from Yamaha

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called my local dealer today (I bought the bike there) and asked abt making an appointment for the TPS recall. He told me they only had 1 TPS in stock and it was going to another customer. Said he would check w/ Mama Yama and call me back. Abt 15 mins later he told me the TPS is on back order and Yama Parts could not give him a ship date. He took my name and number and said he'd call back when the part came in and we could schedule the work at that time.

So, looks like I'm a "waiter" all over again.

My dealer said that he has 4 on order and could get them in anywhere from 1 week to a month.

Ron

Just got my bike back from the TPS recall. I got the notice about two weeks ago. Dealer ordered the TPS next day. I brought the bike in a week ago. Had dealer replace the plugs and perform TBS (18,000 miles- it was due) while the tank was up. Took a couple days but it was there for a week due to my schedule and weather.

No issues, dealer service was top notch. G&G Cycles, Salisbury Massachusetts.

Service tech mentioned that Yamaha allows them 1.2 hours for the TPS- barely covers the actual time. Quicker than I could do it for sure. Charged me another hour for TBS and plugs. Reasonable I think.

BTW, TBS showed #2 cylinder out about 10mm. About the same as last time I did it at 8,000 miles

My dealer, Clarks Motorsports in Garden City Ks., got the letter on my bike, ordered the part and called me when it came in. The bike was running fine when it went in but finer when it got out. The idle was to fast. I took it back and had the dealer slow the idle down. He said they didn't change the idle setting but agreed it was to fast. Later as I pulled a way from a stop light ole blue showed her underbelly. I sure didn't think I had screwed on the throttle that heavy! :yahoo: Anyway, I am very pleased with the way the bike is running now.

Just called to schedule my TPS recall. I'd called about a week ago and they said they had a "bunch" of new TPS' ordered and to call back this week. Today little chickie-baby said to bring my bike by and drop it off.

Cool! Says I! How long does it take to do the work?

Oh, says she. We're still waiting on the parts, but leave your bike and we'll replace the part as soon as they come in.

DUH! replies myownseff! Why don't I leave my name on a waiting list? You call me when the part comes in. I ride this every day to work, so need it while you're waiting for parts.

Uh... OKAY!

<Mencia>

Deet da DEEEEE!

</Mencia>