Track day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bike Effects

Reaction score
I have a friend of mine who owns an ’04 R1 and does a lot of track days. This link is a video of him doing one lap on his R1 of Thunderhill Raceway Park ( https://www.thunderhill.com/ ) near Willows in Norcal. I enjoyed it a lot because I have done a couple of track days at Thunderhill myself. It is filmed from behind by a GSX-R750 chase bike/camera bike. He did say he had to back off in spots to keep from loosing the chase bike. I don’t know how they got the telemetry shown on the video, but I’ll ask him next time I talk to him. I suggest that you right click the link and save it to your Desktop or somewhere else on your computer. I’m not sure how long I’m going to leave this movie on this server. Enjoy!

One lap of Thunderhill

That was amazing !! Thanks Mucho for giving us the link.

And please let us know what you find out about the telemetry.

(So - Do I have to pull the bags off the FJR to do this? :) )

That was amazing !! Thanks Mucho for giving us the link.
And please let us know what you find out about the telemetry.

(So - Do I have to pull the bags off the FJR to do this? :) )
I have emailed my friend and asked him about the telemetry.

You should remove the bags, so you can "flick the bitch" more easily!

Very nice video. Love that track. I've been around it many times on my R6, albeit quite a bit more slowly.

Was the Gixxer pilot constantly pushing the motor into the rev limiter all the time as it sounds like? And wow, if that brake telemetry was correct, he was trail braking right up to the apex on many corners. Brave man.

- Mark

Very nice video. Love that track. I've been around it many times on my R6, albeit quite a bit more slowly.
Was the Gixxer pilot constantly pushing the motor into the rev limiter all the time as it sounds like? And wow, if that brake telemetry was correct, he was trail braking right up to the apex on many corners. Brave man.

- Mark
The only thing I know about the rider on the camera bike is that he has raced the Isle of Mann and that the camera bike is a Jason Pridmore/STAR School bike.

Great video, Jeff

I was equally fascinated by the track and that beautiful big, blue sky :D

Stef

Wow! That video is giving me the urge for a sportbike. How about loaning me your R1 for a day. I'll buy you some new tires and return it with a full tank. :D

BTW, I tried to grab another Keith Code session this week, but the school was full.

Wow! That video is giving me the urge for a sportbike. How about loaning me your R1 for a day. I'll buy you some new tires and return it with a full tank. :D
BTW, I tried to grab another Keith Code session this week, but the school was full.
Go get your own, George! :D :D

I was checking his schedule for Infineon as well....kind of sucks!