• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade/swap Gen II FJR panels to change colors?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superkram

Reaction score
Hello all,

Longtime lurker here... I love my '06 FJR, and it's been a dream. However, I'm not a blue-type of guy.

Has anyone traded panels & gas tanks to get the color they wanted? When I bought my '06 in late June '12, I couldn't find any black FJRs listed for sale within 250 miles of me in Orlando, FL. I figure trading panels & gas tanks might be an easier option than repainting the entire bike.

Would love to trade my blue panels & gas tank with someone who owns a black FJR or even the AE's beautiful dark grey. Willing to pay for cosmetic touch-up, love from Garauld, etc to make it a fair deal. My '06 currently has 17K miles.

Thoughts? Offers?

Thank you,

JMK

Blue '06 FJR1300A

Yes it has been done... Finding a dance partner will be the hardest part. The rest of the work is a 12-pack job with the nose being the most complicated.

Thanks for the replies! Keep them coming in. I'm in Orlando, willing to ride pretty much anywhere in the state of FL for a panel/tank swap.

Interesting idea. You could get creative and go for a 2 or 3 tone look :p I'm partial to my '08 black the way it is though.