Transitioning from a cruiser to a FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SoutherFJR is right about the split personality of the FJR. One up to 5000 rpm, and one after 5000 rpm. The one after is like the evil twin. Stick with the other twin for a while unless you have a very good grip and a lot of straight empty road in front of you. We are talking about a bike that will do a cruising bike's cruising speed in first gear.

You are going to love this bike.

Respect- The FJR demands you respect it for it's capabilities, don't take it for granted or it could bite ya. I went from a Suzuki GSX1100G standard (no slouch in the power dept.) to the FJR and I'm pleased. I bought an 04 VStar 1100 Silverado last spring, and sold it by August. The FJR spoiled me and the VStar didn't measure up anymore. I'd like to get a cruiser or full on tourer in the future, but it will be something with a decent motor. As someone else quoted, the right hand was mostly for noise on the VStar.

I think you'll be very pleased with the FJR in the long term for sure-ride safe and enjoy.