Traxxion Dynamics fork kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to Ga. the 2nd week of july. I will have my new to be Ohlin I bought for $425. last week. I am going to have them put it on there shock dyno just to see if all is okay. Also check the spring rate, and change spring if needed. I will most likely fall off the fence and buy a fork kit. I plan on riding to my daughters on the south side of Atlanta for a few days. Pull the fork at her house and rub the strip on my VISA card :dribble: ... Hit the Dragon, and a few other roads on my way back to Missouri. I will let everyone know how it works.... Smitty

I sent them an email asking if they would do a group buy since it had been mentioned and no one had posted they had already contacted them about one. I also asked about if there would be a diff for an 06.
I'll let you know what I hear
As of last week, they haven't seen an '06 yet and were looking to get one so they could see the difference. Mike @ Traxxion told me that they could definitely do it. I asked about riding in on Monday to let them do the whole thing in the shop. Regrettably, they are short staffed on the short week, so no techs available this first full week of July. After that, if someone could run their '06 in there, or just ship them your forks, then we might be able to do something with the SIXES. All the earlier models are good to go.

I'd love to let them do mine. I just can't get the darn thing until August! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH! :ranting2:

Hi everyone. We're leaving headed to Wing Ding tomorrow. I packed an AK-20 Cartridge kit and fork springs in the mobile workshop Friday. The kit is for an '01-'05 FJR1300. It's in the mobile shop/trailer because an FJR owner said he may drop in to Nashville while we were working there at Wing Ding.

We're hoping to do 50 GL1800 Gold Wings while we are there. It shouldn't be a problem to do an FJR. It's a 10-15 minute job to pull the front forks compared to 40-45 minutes for a Wing.

I don't know if that particular FJR owner is a member on this board but if so, we're ready to "git 'er done". :)

It's an amazing transformation to run the AK-20 kit in the forks with a Penske 8981 out back. The bike literally feels 50-100 lbs lighter when you are rolling any faster than 10 mph. The bike feels planted and flat rails under all conditions.

If any FJR owner stops by the shop and wants to take a short test ride on my own fully kitted '05, let me know in advance so I can ride it in to work the day you plan on stopping there.

No sales pitch here - just check it out. It's well worth the price of admission. One more thing too. The AK-20 cartridge kit is portable. That means they can be used in different motorcycle forks with minor retrofitting of parts. The cost of owning state-of-the-art fork suspension components just got a whole lot more affordable after the initial buy in. The cartridges are designed to never wear out. Everything is hard coat anodized to prevent wear if it is made from aluminum. Even the internal bore of the cartridge body. If it's not anodized aluminum, it's made from stainless steel (rebound valve piston holder and needle). These things will literally last a lifetime. :) The only parts not made from SS or are not anodized are the valve shims, top out springs and fork springs themselves.

If you ever saw the inside of a Soqi cartridge body after 15kmiles without an oil change, you'd understand why I rave about these AK-20s.

If you have questions about this kit or suspension upgrades for your FJR, or any other type of motorcycle, give me a call at the shop or send me an email ([email protected]). I'd be glad to discuss your suspension upgrade needs with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK....now....let's say they make us the cartridge unit for the 06 for example....that takes care of the front, right? Now what do we do for the rear? ....or don't I understand what they are providing? Can someone "splain" this to me?

RR

OK....now....let's say they make us the cartridge unit for the 06 for example....that takes care of the front, right? Now what do we do for the rear? ....or don't I understand what they are providing? Can someone "splain" this to me?RR
If I am not mistaken, they match a Penske rear shock and spring to your height, weight, and preference. The spring is a progressive rate spring that is suited to you. I have been talking to people for the last year that have had Traxxion do work for them. Not a single one has had anything bad to say. they complement the product and the service that they get. I will let you know when they finish my wife's ST1300. I am going to have them do work to fit the bike to her w/in the next month or so. We pick the bike up this week in Chattanooga.

If I am not mistaken, they match a Penske rear shock and spring to your height, weight, and preference. The spring is a progressive rate spring that is suited to you. I have been talking to people for the last year that have had Traxxion do work for them. Not a single one has had anything bad to say. they complement the product and the service that they get. I will let you know when they finish my wife's ST1300. I am going to have them do work to fit the bike to her w/in the next month or so. We pick the bike up this week in Chattanooga.
You're not mistaken.

I've got the Wilbers rear shock and front spring in the FJR -- nice result, group buy price -- around $1000 total, I think, I installed all.

On my '03 XX, I have Traxxion's AK-20 front suspension kit (only $150 for Traxxion to install on forks I sent to them, so that's a no brainer with new fork seals and all) and they also provided the Penske 8981 (I think that's the right model number -- just started second large Margarita after hot ride today to check out WFO bike parking situation with Mad Mike and the Bluestreeks).

Traxxion service, quality and setup are beyond expectations, IMO. But . . . difference between FJR's Wilbers suspension set-up and Traxxion/Penske: I have about $2000 in the XX's suspension (also GB priced).** Is it better? Well, it's hard to separate out the differences in the bikes (and the FJR's Wlbers front end upgrade was only springs in an already adjustable package, instead of cartridge, valving, springs and adjusters), but let's just say that I'm even happier with the performance upgrade on my XX than on the FJR, but happy as a pig in slop with both. Not sure the FJR NEEDS that much fineness, but it friggin' kills on my XX, and since that's the more sport oriented of my sport tour bikes, that's as it should be, and where the difference in $$ needs to go in my bloated motorcycle(s) budget). Did I say "budget"? Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

** For you newbies who do not yet know -- if you do not have surplus money to spend, DO NOT read Warchild's posts. GB farkle satan himself -- has cost me thousands of dollars -- since he is also on the Blackbird board. Bad thing is that he doesn't peddle shit on his GBs -- it's always THE SHIT, the kind of stuff you KNOW you need to buy, so be forewarned. Pity the poor internet competent motorcycle junkie who has an XX, an FJR and an R1!!!!

Here is a copy of my communications so far...

There is talk on the FJR Forum about your AK20 suspension. Do you have a set for the 06 FJR? If not do you need an 06 bike to study?

There is also talk of possibly setting up a group buy. Would you be interested? If so, how many folks would be needed for what % discount? And would the % differ by year model?

-----We have not installed the AK20 in an FJR, so the first one we do, we install for free. Installation is normally $150.

We would be interested in setting up a group buy, I will have to get back to you regarding the specifics as the guys that usually set up the group buys are at Wing Ding installing AK-20 kits in gold wings.

Regards,

Dan

One more question as it has been stated both ways on the Forum. Is the price for front suspension only or is it a front and rear job? Please clarify price. I’m in Birmingham, If I were to drive over, how long would you need the 06?

----The AK-20 kit is $999 + $150 installation into the forks, +$75 to remove and replace the forks. It should take around 4 hours to get you back on the road.