Trip to San Marin Moto GP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beano

Reaction score
I recently took a trip on my '02 FJR with three friends from Dublin to the San Marino Moto GP.

The route was:Dublin to Rosslare Harbour for the Ferry to Cherbourg in France,down through France and through the Mont Blanc Tunnell into Italy,and on down to Rimini which was our base for a couple of days just up the coast from the San Marino Circuit.On the return leg we went over the Alps for some great roads and spectacular scenary

You get to know your bike on a trip like this one and i have to say the FJR was a great tool for the job.It munched up the Motorway miles,handled great in the alpine twisties,and had massive grunt for overtaking.So it's FJR's for me from now on.

Hope this link works for some pics of the trip San Marino Trip

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'm not really all that jealous.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm jealous as hell. What a cool trip.

Of course, what I'm jealous of is getting to attend the San Marino GP. Us folks in North America get to ride across the continent fairly often. And I agree -- this bike handles all terrains with exquisite grace.

You don't know how how lucky you are Squeezer having such a vast continent you can just ride across without getting an eighteen hour ferry journey to start your rideout. :rolleyes:

I hope to make it over to that great country of your's some day and do route 66 B)

When you get here, have plenty of time. That trip to San Marino would have gotten you just a bit more than halfway through your Route 66 trip, if you took the whole length of it. And that's just a bit more than half the width of our continent! (Just to give you an idea of how much riding room there is. . .)

The rockies may not be the alps (I've been to both) but it takes longer to cross them.

If you DO get over to our side, I'm sure any number of us would gladly accept a PM from you and meet up somewhere.

Awesome photos! What a great trip. Thanks for sharing with us. Great to only see one Harley in all of those photos (Bobber Special).

What about that chick at the track w/ the yellow top, wearing high-heels on a sport bike? Pretty stylish (but not too practical).

Who took the Zumo to 254 kph (157 mph)?

Note to self: Tour the continent while still able!

Awesome photos! What a great trip. Thanks for sharing with us. Great to only see one Harley in all of those photos (Bobber Special).
What about that chick at the track w/ the yellow top, wearing high-heels on a sport bike? Pretty stylish (but not too practical).

Who took the Zumo to 254 kph (157 mph)?

Note to self: Tour the continent while still able!
The 254 kph was done by the Kawasaki ZX 1400,i wasn't too far behind him,it was crazy but good fun.