Triumph speed triple

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
Do you know anyone who has a speed triple? Looking for info such as valve adjustments, TBS etc. and any other issues, and what to look for when buying a used Triumph. Never owned a Triumph and the nearest dealer is over an hour away so I would like to do as much as I can. Reply here or PM me. Thanks, Bug

Bugnatr,

I just bought an '07 and did some research over at www.thespeedtriple.com. S3's have been around awhile so the engine bugs are long gone. I think there was a factory fix for brake problems on the '06 though. From what I have heard and read they are great bikes. Be able to tell you more after mine is delivered, the shipping company is taking their time.

Bill

Had a Sprint and the Trip is a great great bike. The bottom and trans were designed by contract Kawasaki engineers and are fairly bullet-proof. The top shares shims with the Yamahas and I think the instrument cluster did, too. You'll love it. Get frame sliders, because the insurance company will declare one a total if the frame is deeply scratched in a fall, and that's unfortunately not hard to do. Check the forks and steering bearings closely, as the Trips are wheelie machines and too many get beat badly.

The only real draw-back is how good or bad the dealer is. I'm in a dealer-rich area (DC), but the individual dealers either are far enough or suck enough that I passed on getting a new Tiger, a bike that I like. Since you're posting on the FJR forum, I'll assume this won't be your only bike, so you'll be glad to know that there are a couple of fantastic mail-order dealers for Triumph parts. Easy to Google up the multiple Triumph owner's groups and sources for parts.

Bob

Keeping my 04 FJR . Bought a 07 FZ6 last year and even though it's a great bike I think I will sell it as I am looking for more of a hooligan bike. What's the deal on the 06 brakes?

Sorry about that. Good site though, if you are thinking about an S3 its worth registering. Another one worth checking out is www.triumphrat.net

Do you know anyone who has a speed triple? Looking for info such as valve adjustments, TBS etc. and any other issues, and what to look for when buying a used Triumph. Never owned a Triumph and the nearest dealer is over an hour away so I would like to do as much as I can. Reply here or PM me. Thanks, Bug
Did you buy a triple? is this the one your looking at? it belongs to my friend, and I listed it for him, maybe we've already talked?

You wont find a cleaner one, probably not even a new one,

https://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/578333617.html

Speed Triple is a good bike, but...I got a naked for ya.

2007ApriliaTuono003.jpg

2007ApriliaTuono010.jpg

2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 100R, less than 1k miles. For sale in Eastern Oregon. PM or email [email protected] for details