Trooper Mod Fix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VERN

Reaction score
For those of you who hav done the Trooper Mod who don't really care for it or for the ones who hav there other half in the seat behind (my case) who say its now to LOUD! We have a fix. So after trying a few things this is what i came up with. Go to any hardware store (Ace, Lowes, Home Depote, etc.) buy 2 chrome 1 1/2 x 6 inch Sink Tailpiece (there will be a small flang on one end) in the plumbing dept. if u used a 1 1/2 hole saw to do the mod and did not rem (?) it out to much the Tailpiece will slide in with a little force and it will stay. the little flange seals around the outside of the pipe and looks good, you could cut the flang off to look like stock, i drilled a 1/8 hole about a 1/2 in so i can hookit and pull it out when by myself. This brings the sound just about back to stock. Anyway it looks good,sound good and only costs about $10.00. I hope this helps some of my fellow riders. VERN

Vern, good post. I did the Trooper mod and I like it, and most others who did also like it--BUT--some don't, and I've seen quite a few posts from guys who'd like to trade back to stock.

Having said that, your post CRIES for pictures!

Neat idea Vern.

Just add a Tailcone from Garauld https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/114753-muffler-tailcones/ to stop it from flying out - and to look nice.
smile.png

Al.

Great solution to un-fix the trooper mod Vern!

Definitely need a couple pics to detail the repair. You'll be making some boat owners very happy...
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Thanks guys, Not to tech savy so could not upload the pictures, hopefully someone else will do this with pics