Trunk fer under $20 delivered

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ordering one too, Mark. Thanks. Guess I can cover the F'ing nazi logo it comes with with a piece of fake dog doo doo or something. Wonder what marketing genius decided if we ride motorcycles we all like the nazis? Oh well. It's cheap . . .

https://www.jcwhitney.com/glossy-motorcycle...s/p2010970.jcwx
J.C. Whitney has a glossy silver trunk on sale fer $15.50 (glossy black fer $ 27.09)

I like my saddlemen 28L, but this is 33L

use coupon code aedbext & ya get it the silver one fer under $20 delivered

Hey may be cheap & cheesy but at that price what the heck!
I ordered a silver one today too. Has anyone mounted one yet? If so, any comments or problems with the install? For $20 ya can't be too choosy, so a bit of modding may be in order. The reviews on the J.C. Whitney site were mixed.

I mentioned this to another forum guy; he told me he'd seen one come off on the road. I think I'll be doing some heavy-duty reinforcing of whatever mounting system it shows up with.

I mentioned this to another forum guy; he told me he'd seen one come off on the road. I think I'll be doing some heavy-duty reinforcing of whatever mounting system it shows up with.
Be sure to share what ever you come up with. I don't know what I'll be doing until it is in hand and I've had a look at the mounting system. I've seen a few posts of innovative efforts made to beef up the mounting plate-to-topcase interface; maybe someone with better search skills can find and post methods that look good in this thread. Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx much for the info and the discount code. Just ordered mine, on the way for less than $20!!

Perfect for the KLR campus bomber, so will report back when we get the box on.

This post is to say thanks for the link and the discount code!

I'm ordering one too, Mark. Thanks. Guess I can cover the F'ing nazi logo it comes with with a piece of fake dog doo doo or something. Wonder what marketing genius decided if we ride motorcycles we all like the nazis? Oh well. It's cheap . . .
Mike, not saying that it should be on a top box, but it's not a swastika! It's way before the Nazis in fact, as in WW1. Or does anything German equate to Nazi in your mind? Just checking...

I have to concur. I tried one of these a couple of years ago. I didn't make it past the first ride - empty even! On of the plastic tabs on the mounting plate broke. Sent it back and got my money back from JC Whitney (less the cost of shipping). A better / reinforced base might make it useable, but I didn't have the patience for it.

Of course - YMMV. Good luck. :huh:

I have to concur. I tried one of these a couple of years ago. I didn't make it past the first ride - empty even! On of the plastic tabs on the mounting plate broke. Sent it back and got my money back from JC Whitney (less the cost of shipping). A better / reinforced base might make it useable, but I didn't have the patience for it.

Of course - YMMV. Good luck. :huh:
Haven't seen it yet, of course, but I'm more likely to scrap the provided base and find a way to affix it permanently to my Gerauld rack. I like how that will still give me many additional tie-down points vs. the OEM tail. When I had a Yama top case it never came off, whether the side cases were off or on. I'll post how it goes.

Anyone receive their top case yet? Looking for an update.
Received yesterday and hope to mount on the KLR tomorrow. Here's what I see so far:

Overall very cheap and I'm thinking it'll take some mods to do the mission. If you want a bolt-on Givi equivalent, this is NOT it. It is a single thickness of plastic that probably will break on a tipover. I own it, so will try it.

The included mounting plate looks a bit like that of a Givi, with the slotted square peg at the back. However, the slot is too narrow. I've read reviews in which the entire case popped off and can understand why. Once I get it on the bike for real, it so far looks like it'll need a back-up quick pin, so stay tuned a day or so to find out. One base plate mod definitely coming is shaving the tops down on the forward two rubber bumpers. The amount of pressure required to get the case to lower onto the square peg is way too much.

Those same reviews mentioned that the top of the case could be popped open with a hard whack. The way the latch barely seems to hold the top, I believe it. But it does hold on mine so far.

I like that the big red lens on the back will easily take a running and/or brake light.

GOTTA find something to replace the Iron Cross sticker on the top!