Trunk...your opinion please...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, everything's bigger in Texas!

:)

I bet you could fit Scoop's scooter in that thing!

Nice work on the mounting plate. I'd test it out and be sure to have someone (with a passenger looking) follow you in a cage to see how much it moves around and/or vibrates, before painting and all that.

I'm concerned about the ability to remove the side cases without removing the topcase.

I'd paint the plate with the product I show here.

Then I'd put two bowling balls in the case and make somebody follow me. I'll bet it flaps like a duck. If it tests OK, then I'd paint the case to match, or generic black as above.

Thanks...I use Rust-oleum but never tried the textured... have not painted the plate yet so will give it a try... there is no problem removing the bags..

Hamie

FJRForum member Slow Ride has a similar trunk. Works well on his bike, too.

Good recycling job Hamie.

All rear trunks (even the fancy color coordinated ones like I got) look like luke warm fromunda cheese.

The point isn't how they look, but how well they WORK, and then perhaps how it looks when you remove the cheesy affectation.

It's a Mutazu trunk... Clicky

Put almost 10K miles with it on the VStar and never leaked nor had any problems.

Hamie