trying on sidi boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v65

ouch
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of internet research and I like the Sidi on road sympatex boots, but I would like to try a pair on. Is there anyplace in the northeast that has Sidis in stock to be tried on? Sidi's website is worthless.

an option -- (what a cool dealer in Ocala,FL did for me).....

cross your regular shoe to euro...

dealer ordered three sizes (one up, one down) let me pick one!

good luck --- i've had mine a LONG time -- and they have never leaked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been doing a lot of internet research and I like the Sidi on road sympatex boots, but I would like to try a pair on. Is there anyplace in the northeast that has Sidis in stock to be tried on? Sidi's website is worthless.
Call Motonation 1-877-7894940 on Monday. I think they are the U.S. rep in Califorina or go to the Motonation site. I've got a older pair of GT sympatex & they will keep yer feet BONE DRY.

Thats what I have read, seems cheaper than moving to Arizona! I read in one online review that the reviewer had tried his on, of course he was in Oregon. Bit of a trip this time of year :cold: Thought there might be a swanky BMW or Duc dealer in these parts that had some boots in stock, kind of looking for an excuse for a long solo ride in the next couple of weeks.

Just for giggles I asked our local HD/Suzuki/Honda/Polaris dealer about Sidi - blank looks are priceless.

Agree that they are waterproof. Just a bit fiddly to put on with four velcro straps on each side. Once on they are fine on the bike and O.K. for short walks. If I had to do it again, I would buy the SIDI model that advertizes water proof, but has a zip in side entry with a single velcro flap to cover the zipper. Also, the On Roads are not armored in the sense that there is no plastic shin guard, heel guard, etc.

Agree that they are waterproof. Just a bit fiddly to put on with four velcro straps on each side. Once on they are fine on the bike and O.K. for short walks. If I had to do it again, I would buy the SIDI model that advertizes water proof, but has a zip in side entry with a single velcro flap to cover the zipper. Also, the On Roads are not armored in the sense that there is no plastic shin guard, heel guard, etc.
Try "New Enough"! They worked with me. I ended up with the "Way" Tepor (Waterproof). Tried the "Champion Air" first, but were just too much a PITA to put on with the zipper and velcro on the outside of the ankle, so I sold them to a member here. Shipping was/still free for these boots. They sent me a shipping label to return the first set of Tepor's till I got them right (2nd pair). Great service! The Tepor's are good walking boots too!

https://www.newenough.com/product_group_boots_sidi.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the On Roads are not armored in the sense that there is no plastic shin guard, heel guard, etc.

Hmmm, didn't realize that. I have ridden the last ten years with a pair of work boots (apparently a pseudonym for sponge :glare: ) without shin guards, have heard that shin guards can be uncomfortable. Am I right in assuming they are for impact resistance (ie no broken ankles) as opposed to abrasion resistance? Is there a consensus as to their necessity, or is that the fast track to a NEPRT?

I have the On Road's too and love them. Fit is great and never had wet feet. Sidi does make a shorter version of these and I bought them too as the On Roads are so tall and they can be warm on a hot day. But the shorter ones (sorry do not remember the name of them) have a different toe box and while they are almost the exact same boot, the toe box is shorter and I found that they hurt my toes, too cramped. As a result I wear the On Roads more and the shorter one less. If I had it to do again, I would go for the shorter ones, but get a bigger size. B)

I've had a pair of Sidi On Road Sympatex's for a year now and love them. The velcro straps are not a problem at all to deal with. I find the boots to be very comfy and could walk in them for a long time.

As far as protection goes these are a touring type boots so they don't have the same amount of protection as race type boots. You trade off comfort for a little less protection. Try walking in the more armored type boots an you'll see what I mean.

They can be a tad warm when off the bike but I've found them to be fine when riding even on 95 degree days.

If you can find a dealer that sells Sidi's see if they have a similar style boot and try those on if they don't have the On Roads. My dealer didn't have them so a tried on a different style of Sidi to check size. I found them to be exactly the same as the On Roads I ordered.

Thanks fellas, after a little more thought I think I will go with Rickster's solution if I can get the same deal on shipping. I won't worry about the extra protection, right up until I crash :lol: