Tuono or Brutale?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info Rickster. From the reading I have done though seems to indicate that the "de-restriction" involves the dealer re-mapping the ECU. Is that not correct. It may be quite different on an '07 from an '00.

The Tuono is now sitting in my garage where the FJR was :yahoo:

Lee

Not that sks700 needs to see this now that he has the Tuono, check out this video. This is why I say the Tuono is an absolute ANIMAL. :eek: The Brutale (and most other bikes) are quite tame compared to this.

Again, congrats on the new bike! How are you liking it?

That was a factory rider? Braking late and beingwide on corner exit while still on the brakes? OOookkaaayyyy.....

Prolly just my perspective in my sleep deprived state.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a factory rider? Braking late and beingwide on corner exit while still on the brakes? OOookkaaayyyy.....
Prolly just my perspective in my sleep deprived state.
No, not a factory rider. The bike is the Factory model. Full Ohlins suspension, OZ wheels, etc.....

And for the record, the only braking in that video was engine braking. ;) Just ask FJRchik if I ever use my brakes. These bikes have tremendous amounts of engine braking and really slick slipper clutches.

Last edited by a moderator: