turn indicator lens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solorogue

Reaction score
I am going to be going through the process of changing out my speedo colors in my GEN1 and wanted to know if you guys have a good idea or source to change out the turn indicator plastic lenses in the instrument panel? Stock the plastic lens is green with a clear bulb behind to illuminate the left or right indicator. I am looking to change these to blue. Any idea or replacement material to use and mount in these turn indicator spots on the instrument dash? Thanks

I'm guessing that ionbeam missed the part about these being the dash indicators. I assume the OP wants to make the dash indicators more obvious, as on the lowly 2nd gens they are small and easy to miss that you've left your turn signal on.

ionbeam has actually also posted up a good lead on some LEDs that can be used in lieu of the incandescent dash bulbs. If I were going to tear apart the bike far enough to get the dash out, I'd be changing over to those LEDs fer shure. ;)

PS - This seems like a PPP

Last edited by a moderator:
ionbeam has actually also posted up a good lead on some LEDs that can be used in lieu of the incandescent dash bulbs. If I were going to tear apart the bike far enough to get the dash out, I'd be changing over to those LEDs fer shure. ;)
Yes, he did post up a good source and I added a full LED replacement write-up for Gen 1s including pictures thread several weeks ago using white, blue, and several other color LEDs . In my opinion, no need to change any lenses.

...Stock the plastic lens is green with a clear bulb behind to illuminate the left or right indicator. I am looking to change these to blue. Any idea or replacement material to use and mount in these turn indicator spots on the instrument dash?

Thanks
Back in the day -- "Junkyard Al" had a custom H-D Knucklehead Chopper and the dash had 'cat-eye' indicator lights -- he put in pictures of 'nekkid wimmen' for lenses.

You're welcome

Thanks for the reply guys. Yes this mod for the dash blinker indicators lights, not the turn blinkers exterior on the sides. Ignacio great write-up on LED lights to the GEN1 speedo was the reason I was inspired to take on this mod task. It is a great write-up with excellent pics.

That said, I would change my lights to LED blue, but the green lens in the dash turn indicators are what makes the color, not the bulb. So I am trying to see if there is a good source to buy blue clear plastic to cut and replace out the green lens.

ALSO .. does any know of some great instrument needle replacements?? I would love to put in lighted needles in the gauges like this found here:

gsxr317.jpg

Yes, he did post up a good source and I added a full LED replacement write-up for Gen 1s including pictures thread several weeks ago using white, blue, and several other color LEDs . In my opinion, no need to change any lenses.
Thanks Matt. I was looking for your message but my search skills (even using Google) failed me this time.

I'm book marking that post this time for future referencing.