Turnpike passes that work everywhere

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris white

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there’s a pass a guy can get to get through all the E-Z pass turnpikes?

Sort of a one pass does all kind of thing.

And if they are available, how can a Canadian get access to one say for about 4 weeks?

Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

As far as I know all of the northeast uses a company out of NJ, even though different states use different names for it. Their website will explain how to get one:

EZ - Pass. I guess you could return it after the four weeks were up?

Just go to the website and you can find a list of states that use EZ Pass. As well as being in use in all of the Northeast, note that it also works in Illinois and will work in Indiana by the end of the year (Ohio needs to get into the 21st century).

As I mentioned in a ride report a few weeks back, toll passes are the only way to go. Not only do they occasionally provide a discount, but the ease of operation for us riders is priceless.

I have easy pass on my bike and it work great. If you get EZ PASS which is out of New Jersey https://www.ezpass.com/ you can get up to four modules for the same cost.

That worked out well for me.

It takes $25 to set up an account but that goes right into your funding that the tolls are drawn from.

It took about two weeks to get my modules. You can cancel by returning your modules when you don't want to use them anymore. It works well here in the East. It will be nice when the whole country gets on board. It is so much more convenient, time saving, and safer going through toll booths with EZ Pass.

This is where you can use it now.

facilities.gif

I attach mine to the front of my tankbag with velcro. It works for me because I only use it when I go on long rides requiring a tankbag and I'd rather not have it permanently attached to the bike. I use the velcro that came with the I-PASS as well as some additional velcro that I purchased at a craft shop so that the entire back of the transponder is covered with velcro ... then for reinforcement I used superglue to make sure the velcro backing sticks to the tankbag. I've never had a problem with the transponder becoming loose or falling off and, since it is attached to the side of the tankbag facing the windshield, the transponder has clear line of sight at the tollbooths while also being protected from most wind and rain.

You can sort of see my setup here:

ipass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure, but I think if you are out of state and get the EZ-Pass from NJ you will be charged a fee. If you get the same EZ-Pass from NY you are not charged.

I have mine installed on the inside of the windscreen, as low as possible, using the white velcro-like fasteners that come with the EZ-Pass.

Dukey cmon... just buy one of those lcd license plate frames thats what they make them for. Its totally worth it expecially if your on those long toll roads like through pa where you have to fork out like 50 bucks at the end.

Last edited by a moderator: