Twist The Throttle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the show was pretty decent. You could definitely make a killer drinking game out of it,too. Every time they say "kando",do a shot. You'll be thoroughly shit-faced by the end of the episode. :lol:

Mike

Agreed the show is great, but they tend to focus on a companies signature products... Yamaha - R1...

I have the show on DVR and when I saw the Yamaha one, I was all giddy and excited - then no mention of the FJR - I cried :(

Either way - its a very educational show aside from all the repetitive scenes like stated... I love watching it...

GF wants to buy me a R1 - she sees me drool every time I see one.... I'm really afraid I'd kill myself :0

Also Had an 78 RD400 - bored 3 over - RD350 reed valves, DG heads, Kerker pipes... not a whole lot that could touch that bike, ah except the high speed wobble that took me down at 100mph... DOH... love the power band and wheelies in 1-3rd WHOA !!! Fun fun fun...

Agreed the show is great, but they tend to focus on a companies signature products... Yamaha - R1...I have the show on DVR and when I saw the Yamaha one, I was all giddy and excited - then no mention of the FJR - I cried :(

Either way - its a very educational show aside from all the repetitive scenes like stated... I love watching it...

GF wants to buy me a R1 - she sees me drool every time I see one.... I'm really afraid I'd kill myself :0

Also Had an 78 RD400 - bored 3 over - RD350 reed valves, DG heads, Kerker pipes... not a whole lot that could touch that bike, ah except the high speed wobble that took me down at 100mph... DOH... love the power band and wheelies in 1-3rd WHOA !!! Fun fun fun...
The best show was on Ducati and Augusta

I've had cars pull along side my FJR then quite suddenly back off as if they didn't want to tangle with it. They never did that when I was on my Burgman.

I was at a stop light Saturday and a H-d rider rattled up next to me. I didn't look over cause I knew what it was they're all similiar, when the light turned green I glanced and he was checkin' the FJR over. I hit the 50 mph speed limit by 2nd gear and at the next light got the Thumbs up from him. Deep inside all those guys want a fast bagger. :D

I like the program a lot... (Although, the narrator's voice is starting to bother me a bit.)

I found it kind of funny that the Honda episode, the spent so much time with the Goldwing.

Of course, they do have to cater the majority. And, the majority of riders like Goldwings, Ninjas, R1s, GSX-Rs, and so on.