Twisted Throttle FJR Specific Light Bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
Been thinking about adding a set of LED's for daytime visibility purposes. Ran across an ad in a cycle mag and see they have a specific bracket for the superior Gen II FJR:

13073-500x600.jpg

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/5652/

They have several options of lights to mount.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/790/

Looks like a pretty nice solution. Anyone have this kit?

I looked at them while I was at the Americade in Lake George, They are quality lights, but I'm not in love with the placement of the brackets. They look like big earrings hanging from the mirrors to me; and I don't care for the placement on the outside of the fork either. I had the installer try to fit them under the fairing, but that was a no go. I'm going to wait until they come up with something that is powerful and small enough to fit under the fairing like I have seen on BMW's.

These lights are made OEM for Twisted Throttle by Vision X; they are the "Solstice" series. You can save some bucks buying them direct if you don't like or want the mount kit sold by Twisted Throttle (which also supplies the wiring and dimmers). Vision X sells a variety of other shapes/sizes.

They come in various colors, and with various lenses (narrow/wide). THe case is aluminum, and they are well made. Search for "Vision X Solstice" on Youtube to see demos of the lights. I run a pair on my Husky dirt bike, they light up really well and consume very little power. A nice cheap alternative to the expensive clearwater lights, but you have to scrabble together your own wiring/mounting. A set of Garauld brackets and about $10 worth of switches and wiring, and you are set.

Or you can save the hassle and spend more bucks on the Twisted Throttle version. Note that Vision sells an updated kit identical to the Twisted Throttle series, but with newer features.Personally, I'd put my own buttons/dimmers together with the basic lighting and wire kit from Vision, and do a custom install.

006.jpg

007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't seen the mounts before but did run across one forum member who had these mounted on the front forks at the fender mount bolts. I've been considering these myself and am glad now that I've seen the mounts. If I go with these I'm just going to fender mount them. I prefer the look and like the idea of light down lower. We have a lot of Whitetail Deer around here and I ride alot after dark. I hit one already on a Buell and didn't like the experience. Just my 2 cents.

As Chuck mentioned, I have the Denali D2D Dual intensity LED lights, mounted low on the forks and pointing out toward the sides of the road. Low setting is used for daytime running lights, and gives a very noticeable triangle of light. The high setting comes on with my high beams, and being angled toward the sides of the road, gives a lot more light for deer avoidance. I found the stock headlight to shine plenty of light down the road, but wanted a bit more to the sides, and these fit my needs nicely.

Initially, I had an issue with one of the light modules, but Twisted Throttle were very quick to get a replacement out to me, and they have been working flawlessly ever since.

Yeah, I have had them for about a year.
How do you like the Denalis so far, and how did you mount them?
I like them just fine, mounted them "earring style" off the Garund(sp) brackets that I put on the bike for air wings. I havent tried the fog lenses yet. I must have a earlier set,because mine don't have a low power switch.