Two Bros Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliottfamily5

Reaction score
Recently I purchased the 2Bros M2 slip-ons for my 2012. I did some quick research here about any issues and the only complaint I could find were some of the guys thought 2Bros was too loud, but that didn't concern me much. I should have dug a little deeper...

Upon install i discovered their mid-pipe connection was pretty loose on the stock header pipe. Tightening the connection clamp put crimps in both the clamp and mid-pipe connection resulting in a pretty significant exhaust leak. I checked on here a little closer and located this thread which was identical to my issue - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/130893-farkle-1-two-brothers-m2-black-series-carbon-exhaust/page-2. That is what I get for shoddy research.

Anyway, I contacted 2Bros customer service and brought them their mid-pipes and clamps (I am local to their headquarters). They measured my header pipe and saw their jig for 2006+ was a mm too large. They gave me new, smaller clamps and mid-pipes (which they said they would do before ever seeing the damaged originals) and sold me PX1 power tips with a 10% discount. Very happy with their customer service. All they asked is that I call ahead so they could have one of their techs standing by to hook me up so I would not have to wait.

The mid-pipes now fit nice and snug on the header pipe. Can't tell ya if I still have an exhaust leak, as the new clamps they gave me are too small to fit over the new mid-pipe opening - LOL. They are going to overnight me a larger set.

I wish I would have seen this before i bought my Two Bros pipes. I got mine a few months ago...also noticed that the mid pipes did not fit well on my headers. Tried to seal it up with exhaust sealant made for cars. That didnt work. I didnt bother calling Two Bros b/c i bought the pipes used, so i figured they wouldnt want anything to do with them, or they would charge me a bunch of money to deal with it. Soooooo...my fix was to buy the stock Yamaha exhaust gaskets, and I took the midpipes to an exhaust shop and had them stretched. I really thought they would crack, but i was so pissed off I didnt even care anymore. Surprisingly they didnt crack, and i got them to BARELY fit over the gaskets, and i took a rubber mallet and pounded them on. Needless to say, I will never be buying two brothers again. For what they charge for them brand new, I would have hoped it would have fit my bike rather than a Honda Civic...lol. Glad to hear they hooked you up. Mine does not leak now, but it took me a good week of messing around with them to finally get it to fit with no leaks and be mounted straight. What a pain. Would never recommend to anyone!

Correct size mid-pipes and clamps = no leaks! I like the sound with the PX1 tips in also. Happy camper here.

Scotlings8 - sorry to hear about your troubles, but it at least sounds like you got it worked out. FWIW - 2bros customer service never did ask me where I bought the pipes, if new or used or how long I had them. Maybe I caught their guy on a good day, but it seemed his only concern was to get my problem fixed as quickly and painlessly as possible.

that is great. im glad you had a good experience with them. i guess in hindsight i should have called their customer service to see if they could have done anything for me. i got it worked out in my own roundabout way, but what a pain. hopefully others will see this thread and either bother them for the right size mid pipes or use my method to correct the problem. I dont have the tips in, but I love the way they sound. now i just have to get the bike running right. safe travels!