Two Brothers M5 carbon Fiber Cans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lake Powell

Reaction score
Seriously considering the 2 Bros M5 carbon slip ons, not for any performance perk, but because I think they look the best. Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, right? Anyway I am wondering if anybody has seen or heard or even have these cans and can relate the level of sound increase. I would be getting the sound reduction insert in addition.

linky

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously considering the 2 Bros M5 carbon slip ons, not for any performance perk, but because I think they look the best. Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, right? Anyway I am wondering if anybody has seen or heard or even have these cans and can relate the level of sound increase. I would be getting the sound reduction insert in addition.
linky

I have the M5's in Aluminum with the sound reducer insert and they sound great, not too loud. I think they look better than the others too!

I believe they are fairly loud without the insert and the inserts are extra $$$. I checked out an FZ1 with the M2's and no insert and it was loud. Another guy had a ZX-14 with M2's and the inserts installed and it was quieter. I believe the M2's and M5's are similar other than shape. I also didn't know they made the M5's for the FJR.

I think the Two Brothers are some of the nicest looking cans out there. I'm planning on getting a set myself. Very well constructed too from what I've seen.

My bad, I have the M2's, I liked the slimmer oval look better, plus the price!

I have the m2 vale system on mine with the q1 power tips these fuckers are loud I pretty much always have to wear earplugs or after about 30 mi my ears ring for hours. I should have went with stayintune or stock. Hope this helps. late.

I have the m2 vale system on mine with the q1 power tips these fuckers are loud I pretty much always have to wear earplugs or after about 30 mi my ears ring for hours. I should have went with stayintune or stock. Hope this helps. late.
I have Staintune cans, sound and look good but if you remove the restrictors they are fairly loud.

I have a buddy that hasa CBR600RR with two brothers cans and they are TOO frickin loud, can't ride next to him cause it kills my ears. I have the Remus Revolution carbon fiber cans and they sound perfect, nice and mean but not too loud.

I like loud myself. The Scorpion cans on my FZ6 are obnoxious, not Harley straight pipe obnoxious though.

I have them without baffles and think they are just right. :clapping: There is only a few H.P. gain(2-3), because there is a catalytic converter before them :angry2: I bought them for looks and sound. I am very happy with them, had em for about about a year.
Picture029.jpg

Not sure where they came from, they were on the bike when I bought them. Not sure on the HP gains. Guess I'm not too helpful, although the sound is great.