Two Brothers Slip On's and Mapping

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRThistime

Reaction score
Anyone know if the stock ECM on an 06 needs to be or can be tuned to a set of Two Brothers slip-on's I placed on my 06.

I installed these shortly after I bought the bike so I really don't know if the performance changed. Just wanted some tone

out the rear end. The bike runs great, good to very good MPG (44-50), but once in a while I notice a flat spot in the throttle

when coming out of the hole that flat out kills the engine. Not a big deal but I am wondering if an exhaust analysis is in order.

PS: At this point in time I am NOT interested in installing a Power Commander.

Thanks.

Mike (FJRThistime)

1/4

I run my Holeshot slip-ons with the OEM ECU and haven't had any problems/issues.

I switch them back and forth with the OEM exhaust for long trips and I noticed any difference...except...with the aftermarket mufflers I hear the slight backfiring and the ECU injector map searching. That's not a big issue with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run my Holeshot slip-ons with the OEM ECU and haven't had any problems/issues.I switch them back and forth with the OEM exahust for long trips and I noticed any difference...except...with the aftermarket mufflers I hear the slight backfiring and the ECU injector map searching. That's not a big isue with me.

MadMike, I like your idea of putting the stock pipes on for the big trips. If I leave the

programming alone them I am not commited to the new slip-ons.

It is best to keep the noise down on the long hauls.

MikeM

If you have a flat spot, something ain't right. I want some more noise too but, the cost of entry with a PC is pretty high. My stock bike pulls solid from 3500 rpm on. No flat spots here.

If I leave the programming alone them I am not commited to the new slip-ons.
If you use a self-mapping device like the Motty AFR Tuner or the new Power Commander V along with the optional "auto-tune" module, then it will automatically adapt when you swap between OEM and aftermarket slip-ons.

If you don't want to wait for it to adapt when you swap out, then save a copy of the fuel map that it creates for each set of pipes so you can swap fuel maps along with the pipes. The saved fuel map will not be perfect when you load it again later due to possible changes in atmospheric conditions, but it will be close to what is needed and will be adjusted to perfection much more quickly than just swapping pipes and letting the fuel mapping system fend for itself.