Two or three days to Park City from Portland

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg97224

Reaction score
Any one interested in riding down to Park City from Portland? Could take two or three days, and share Motel room on the way down.

I too am planning on going early ,because I am not a fast rider and want to take my time getting there. I would like to take you up on your offer. let me know when.

A couple of us are going to burn down from Tigard in one day on Wednesday, so we can rest Thursday for Friday's SS1K. We're going to take the long way home Sun to Tuesday, though. If you change your mind and want to flip your trip, let me know.

Two are leaving on Tuesday and going up through Lewiston and Lolo to Misoula and southeast through Idaho and Wyoming ending up in Park City Thursday afternoon. Maybe we will see you on the road. we are going to stay north to avoid some of the heat.

A couple of us are going to burn down from Tigard in one day on Wednesday, so we can rest Thursday for Friday's SS1K. We're going to take the long way home Sun to Tuesday, though. If you change your mind and want to flip your trip, let me know.
Can I join you guys for the ride down? I can't for the ride back because I plan on spending a few days in Colorado after the event.

I'm up here in Monroe, WA. just northeast of Seattle. I'll be leaving the morning of the 25th. Any chance of meeting you or anyone going fairly slow? I'm a ride along, look around, stop to pee, eat, look around, stop to pee, etc. type of rider..... well, sort of............. :blink:

Farkles and I are leaving Medford as soon as I can get off work on Wed. Plan to ride to Lakeview that evening. Up early Thur. to Winnemuca, breakfast, and then slab :( it to Park City. If anyone is heading that way let us know.

Heading home I am looking at Nev. 225 to Id. 51. Anyone riden this road and have a comment good or bad?

The route for home is not bad at all. It is pretty boring when you leave Elko but the farther north you go the better it gets. The area around Duck Valley is wonderfull but it is open range so be carefull. I almost got a steer the last time. Once you get up into Idaho it gets boring but you can travel at FJR cruise and get through it quickly. If you stay south of I84 you can make good time and avoid the bullshit going through Boise and pick up 20 or 26 across Oregon. See you there.

Don't forget you guys, this Saturday, June 16th, is the Mt. St. Helens Volcano Ride. A good time to make plans and meet those friends that you might be riding with for a few days. (test ride)

I'm leaving for Park City with my wife. who will be on her Virago, on Saturday the 21nd. Going to take three days on a pretty indirect route (Prosser-Lewiston-BakerCity-Stanley-Blackfoot-PC+1204miles. Leaving Park City on the 23rd and taking two or three days to ride home, Elko-Nampa-Jordan Valley-Burns-Bend-Vanc.

See you on Saturday.

Farkles and I are leaving Medford as soon as I can get off work on Wed. Plan to ride to Lakeview that evening. Up early Thur. to Winnemuca, breakfast, and then slab :( it to Park City. If anyone is heading that way let us know.

Heading home I am looking at Nev. 225 to Id. 51. Anyone riden this road and have a comment good or bad?
51 isn't great, but the section through Humbolt Nat. and down into Owyhee is nice. When you clear the mountains it is like coming out into a meadow, but it goes on for a long time, IIR.

I'm taking that route home.