U Clear HBC100 Bluetooth

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mab864

Reaction score
I've been searching for a bluetooth set-up for my helmet (Shoei Multitech Modular) for some time now. Most have mike booms that need to tuck inside the front of the helmet near your mouth to pick up sound. The problem I'm running into is there's not enough room inside the front of my helmet to fit a boom mike inside. I bought a standard boom mike style bluetooth and just couldn't make it work. Then I discovered this https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/uclear-hbc-100-bluetooth-communicator#videos_tab It's a U Clear HBC100 bluetooth that has no boom. It supposedly has a bone mike which picks up vibrations from your jawbone. I'm familar with that kind of technology because I'm a Professional Firefighter and our emergency radios have bone mikes build into our firefighting helmets. It's military technology that works very well on the fireground. Anyway, with the limited clearance I have in the front of my helmet, it seems this would be just the ticket. Anybody else using this set-up? How does it work? And yes... I did do the ____site:fjrforum.com thing already and got no hits. Anybody?

That's a great alternative with a full face helmet, but not sure it would work with a modular. I assume the boom is replaced with a wire and the mike pick-up that attaches to the front of the helmet? That's cool.

That's a great alternative with a full face helmet, but not sure it would work with a modular. I assume the boom is replaced with a wire and the mike pick-up that attaches to the front of the helmet? That's cool.
From the video it looks (to me) like the 'mike' is part of one of the 'ear-pieces'. Like the concept but will wait to hear how others get on with it :rolleyes:

Don

Yes... agreed. I was going off what the guy in the video said (bone mike) but looking at the product, I would agree they appear to be microphone set into each of the speakers. We'll see how that works.

If that doesn't end up working Sena sells a wired mic mount plate for $39 for the smh10. I put one in my helmet and it is great. The mic is about the size of a nickel and I just tucked the wire inside the pads. This is also set up to be used with earbuds instead of helmet speakers, which was the main reason I went this route.

Look at the Collet communicator. I love mine works great with my iPhone i use Pandora for the music Tom Tom app. for the navigation and it answers the iPhone when I get a phone call. Everything in one unit.

I've been searching for a bluetooth set-up for my helmet (Shoei Multitech Modular) for some time now. Most have mike booms that need to tuck inside the front of the helmet near your mouth to pick up sound. The problem I'm running into is there's not enough room inside the front of my helmet to fit a boom mike inside. I bought a standard boom mike style bluetooth and just couldn't make it work. Then I discovered this https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/uclear-hbc-100-bluetooth-communicator#videos_tab It's a U Clear HBC100 bluetooth that has no boom. It supposedly has a bone mike which picks up vibrations from your jawbone. I'm familar with that kind of technology because I'm a Professional Firefighter and our emergency radios have bone mikes build into our firefighting helmets. It's military technology that works very well on the fireground. Anyway, with the limited clearance I have in the front of my helmet, it seems this would be just the ticket. Anybody else using this set-up? How does it work? And yes... I did do the ____site:fjrforum.com thing already and got no hits. Anybody?

ive got the same problem with my schuberth c3 and cardo system

theres no place to run the boom mic into the helmet,no room for the mic itself and the sun shade lever is right where the bluetooth would have to mount to the helmet

im sure if i got crafty i could make it work but then i have to deal with the very piss poor sound quality from the cardo unit while listening to music

the uclear is the only one ive seen with outstanding reviews on sound quality while listening to music

id like to learn more about the walky talky feture before purchasing but i think this will be our next tool for talking to each other bike to bike