Undergarment for Saddlesore 1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warchild is right, as usual.

I wear padded bicycle shorts under my riding pants. I have even given up and went with the stock seat. 3 Saddlesores and still happy. The bicycle shorts make taking a leak a pain as no fly.

Just take Warchilds advice and have a great ride!

I am not sure which forum I have seen this on before, could some of you Iron Butt riders suggest some summer undershorts to wear under my vented pants. I am heading from Austin to sante Fe in a couple weeks to qualify for the saddlesore 1000.
Thanks for your suggestions (or links to previous posts).

John
John, Was your FJR at Zabors last week? Saw one sitting outside in the front.

bob

Fantastic john7: since your from Texas, real FJR riders from Texas wear no undies

they go nude all the way :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I dont think goin' Commando is going to work for 1000miles. Go for the LD shorts and the Anti-Monkeybutt powder. The other option is to buy a new pac of briefs at Costco and change them at Gasoline fillup time. That way you dont get a 1000mile skid mark. ;)

+4 on the LDComfort shorts. If you forget the AntiMonkeyButt powder, Goldbond works well.

Although I've never done an Iron Butt, I do like multi day/week runs and the buns can get a bit tender over time. Whatever you use, don't forget the powder.

I am not sure which forum I have seen this on before, could some of you Iron Butt riders suggest some summer undershorts to wear under my vented pants. I am heading from Austin to sante Fe in a couple weeks to qualify for the saddlesore 1000.

Thanks for your suggestions (or links to previous posts).

John
John, Was your FJR at Zabors last week? Saw one sitting outside in the front.

bob
No, Blue Moto- my FJR wasn't at Zabors last week. However, Paul has done all of the service on my previous 2003 FJR as well as my 06- so he has plenty of experience with the FJR. Also, there are several other FJR riders in town that use him.

John