underware

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burt the plumber

Reaction score
has anyone tried mc specific underware /my real question: is a pair of $45.00 underware more comfordable on long rides or is thier a alternative of some sort maybe sheep skin seat cover? what works for old riders especially in the summer heat?

is a pair of $45.00 underware more comfordable on long rides or is thier a alternative of some sort maybe sheep skin seat cover? what works for old riders especially in the summer heat?
LDComfort are the best in my opinion. They're also spendier than $45, but well worth it and the base part of an overall set of gear. Their material REALLY does rock and work well.

Wearing crappy underwear and a sheep skin cover....is just that. A crappy solution mitigated by an OK mitigating item.

LDComfort work well in 11 degree to 111 degree weather. But, I only have about 125,000 miles of experience with them including wearing them for 11 days straight....so I might not be the best to ask. ;)

Talked about many, many times on this forum before too.

LDComfort.com

Last edited by a moderator:
LD Comfort products rock. Their tights are worth every penny because of the design (they have a no-slip mid thigh band that prevents ride-up) as well as the quality.

(non-paid spokesman... happy rider:)

worldbound4now

Yep -- LD Comfort is the under garment supplier of choice for rides longer than a half hour there and a half hour back.

Haven't tried LDcomfort, but did get some Bicycle underwear and they were quite comfy on my west coast ride. (stock seat)

Still use them on rides over 300 miles; really adds comfort distance to the ride. Of course now I use the

Airhawk and it adds many more comfort miles.

+1 on LDComfort. I have the long sleeve top and tights; they work and feel great! The longest I've gone in a set is 4 days without them getting a wash...I'll be ordering a backup set later this year (they do smell funky after a couple of days, but not in the bad way you'd expect). I've never tried their short-sleeve top or shorts, but I imagine they're just as nice. I like the long sleeve/tight combo as they prevent my Stich suit from sticking to skin in the sweaty months. They do dry out quickly.

Just one more on the bandwagon.

I've tried about everything -- bike shorts, padded bike shorts, underarmour and several other brands of high tech fabric wicking stuff. It's all better than regular tighty whities, but...

LD Comfort tights just freakin' rock. They work just like you want them too. Save the money you'd spend trying to save money with other stuff and order LDC the first time. :)

LDComfort: Iggy sold me, and then Warchild riding the 7 BB1500Golds in a row wearing them made me order before the day ended

the shorts for warm weather, the (long) tights for cooler weather, and some thin wool tights under the tights in colder weather

works friggin great and I won't ride without them on my bootie

:yahoo: