Underwear....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
As much as it pains me (no pun intended) I figured I better ask before I shell out the cash. Since I don't have time to obtain a Russel or Rick Mayer seat before our trip to Nova Scotia I figured these might help to extend my riding day. Has anyone tried them? I figured if they work the only pain in the butt may be Michelle wanting off....

Saddlemen gel shorts

I used to ride road race bikes and had a couple pairs - tried 'em on the FJR and they really didn't make much difference. I just ordered some "Wickers" skivvies to try - hope to reduce monkey butt!

As much as it pains me (no pun intended) I figured I better ask before I shell out the cash. Since I don't have time to obtain a Russel or Rick Mayer seat before our trip to Nova Scotia I figured these might help to extend my riding day. Has anyone tried them? I figured if they work the only pain in the butt may be Michelle wanting off....
Saddlemen gel shorts

And give up my size 52 thongs -- NEVER :lol:

I used to ride road race bikes and had a couple pairs - tried 'em on the FJR and they really didn't make much difference. I just ordered some "Wickers" skivvies to try - hope to reduce monkey butt!
Interesting, based on otheres recommendations, I have purchased several pair of the biking shorts and found they make a big difference in butt comfort on long distance rides for me. Especially if it's hot and there is a tendency to soak the nether regions with sweat.

I have found that the biking shorts that work best are the ones with a comfy "chamois" - one that does not have any stitching. Those are harder to find but pay big dividends in comfort.

Never hoid of your Saddlemen gel shorts Axeman. Looks like a similar concept to the bike shorts. How much are they? You might want to try a pair of the $30 bike shorts.

Something like these: Clicky Here

Have you considered a sheepskin cover on the seat. I got one because the no slip material the seat is covered with was giving me a permanate wedgie. Being able to move around on the seat makes things better.

I may have to do as Skooter suggests and try a pair of the cheaper bicycle ones first. At $75.00 for the Saddlemen ones it seems a bit steep. Airboss, I thought about a sheepskin but decided against it for aesthetic purposes, even though I know I should probably pick practicality over looks.

FJ1300%20A.JPG

Looks stupid, but it works.

FJ1300%20A.JPG

Looks stupid, but it works.
I know people are into their farkles, but holy cow, now I've seen everything. Anal beads on a bike? :lol:
Now....Now....FJR_pig....anal beads to some & butt massages to others....each to there own.... :grin: .... :haha: :lol2: :haha: :lol2: ....(sorry Woodstock...I tried)....

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a special yamaha "lube" to go with them beads? I'm almost interested....

Saddlemen gel shorts

If nothing else, go get some of the UnderArmor underwear...it doesnt' ride up (OK, at least the ladies ones dont!)... I will also use a sheepskin if I can get the seat low enuf...

their shirts are nice, too...you can hang them up and they dont' smell the next morning...<G>

bicycle shorts will work, althought they are cut a little different, just dont' wear anything with bands or elastic.

Tell you wife about the UnderArmor and say that as long as she's picking you up some she might as well get some ladies ones.... MUCH more comfortable than ladie's underwear... (Which is why half the gals I rode with in Hawaii wore thongs... not enuf material or elastic to worry about .... Ok, the UnderArmor underwear wasnt' being made then....<BG>

Mary

Interesting, based on otheres recommendations, I have purchased several pair of the biking shorts and found they make a big difference in butt comfort on long distance rides for me. Especially if it's hot and there is a tendency to soak the nether regions with sweat.

I have found that the biking shorts that work best are the ones with a comfy "chamois" - one that does not have any stitching. Those are harder to find but pay big dividends in comfort.

Never hoid of your Saddlemen gel shorts Axeman. Looks like a similar concept to the bike shorts. How much are they? You might want to try a pair of the $30 bike shorts.

Something like these: Clicky Here
+1 on the bike shorts. Looks to be the same as your saddleman butt marketed at a Danica price.

Opps! sorry, wrong thread :D

Is there a special yamaha "lube" to go with them beads? I'm almost interested....
Yea, but only rookies need it...

I just eat a couple of those beads every day with a spool of fishing line, after a week, I can produce the seat. If you guys like, I can make one for you too. :p

Last edited by a moderator: