Uni-Go Trailer Hitch on a 2006/07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V GER

Reaction score
I'm looking for some close-ups of the mounting points of the Uni-Go hitch, on a Gen-II.

Any details on installation problems, modifications required, etc. are appreciated.

THANKS

I'm looking for some close-ups of the mounting points of the Uni-Go hitch, on a Gen-II.
Any details on installation problems, modifications required, etc. are appreciated.

THANKS
Not sure what the diff is between the rear end if any but here's a 05
variousFJR002Small.jpg

Thanks timk,

Where are the mounting points? Existing bolts or were fab's required?

Hey Timk, is there any way you could shoot a side profile without the saddle bags on? I'm kind of interested in how these things mount to bikes for some strange reason.

The bags are moved inboard about one inch on the 06-07. My Bushtec hitch for my 03 will not fit my 07 due to this change.

Contact [email protected] for information, they indicate the 03-05 hitch will not fit the 06-07 and they have not made one since a request has not been made.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bags are moved inboard about one inch on the 06-07. My Bushtec hitch for my 03 will not fit my 07 due to this change.
Contact [email protected] for information, they indicate the 03-05 hitch will not fit the 06-07 and they have not made one since a request has not been made.
Bushtec is designing / making a hitch for the 2006+ FJR as we speak.

I was going to ride up to Tennessee this past week to pick up my new Bustec Quantum GL but discovered the hitch I purchased from them wouldn't work on the newer FJRs.

I was told I should have it by early April if nothing goes wrong.

I will post back with pictures after I get it.

Best Regards,

Shane

ditto

Just got an email back from Mark at Schoolhouse. He stated that they need to get a Gen II in for fabrication.

Looks like I'll be waiting awhile. :(

Shane,

I had an '03 with a Bushtec hitch, pulled a '04 Quantum from Bushtec. You can see my old bike and trailer on Bushtec's Gallery page. I will pick-up an '07 on Saturday. Talked with Andrew Preston several times and he was waiting for a local dealer to have a '07 to design the hitch for the 06-07. I was waiting until I got my new bike before calling him again and I expect they were at Daytona last week. Glad someone else needs a hitch for the 06-07 bike.

Shane,
I had an '03 with a Bushtec hitch, pulled a '04 Quantum from Bushtec. You can see my old bike and trailer on Bushtec's Gallery page. I will pick-up an '07 on Saturday. Talked with Andrew Preston several times and he was waiting for a local dealer to have a '07 to design the hitch for the 06-07. I was waiting until I got my new bike before calling him again and I expect they were at Daytona last week. Glad someone else needs a hitch for the 06-07 bike.
Millsaps2,

I was going to go pickup my new Quantum GL this week but found out last week about the trailer hitch. Andrew told me it should be available early April.

Since I won't be able to pick it up until the end of April, I am sure it should work out fine.

I ordered a Bushtec that ALMOST matches my FJR but definitely matches my GL1800!

Best Regards,

Shane