Unusual Backrests

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See if this works.

It's not a greta image, but you'll notice the backerests are padded well almost like headrests.

FJRBackrest.jpg

It looks like there are grooves in the far peg that would be found on a car headrest. Maybe they are from a car! :eek:

Those are most likely auto headrests in the picture. Some FJR owners have cobbled in headrests, Corbin seats lend themselves to this because of the built-in socket. I believe FJRob is one person that had an auto headrest/backrest. One of my Furds had a single post headrest that I think would have fit the socket in a Corbin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are most likely auto headrests in the picture. Some FJR owners have cobbled in headrests, Corbin seats lend themselves to this because of the built-in socket. I believe FJRob is one person that had an auto headrest/backrest. One of my Furds had a single post headrest that I think would have fit the socket in a Corbin.
Do you think these seats are stock or Corbin?

Looks to me like a 05 (Gen I), non-abs, with stock seats and a bit of applied ingenuity. The seat is shaped wrong for a Corbin, plus Corbin likes to put their name on the sides of the passenger seat.

At the time my avatar picture was taken I had a home made bracket that let me use a Corbin backrest mounted on a Yamaha trunk mount. Due to a dealer's error I got the backrest for free so I put it to use.

Looks to me like a 05 (Gen I), non-abs, with stock seats and a bit of applied ingenuity. The seat is shaped wrong for a Corbin, plus Corbin likes to put their name on the sides of the passenger seat.
At the time my avatar picture was taken I had a home made bracket that let me use a Corbin backrest mounted on a Yamaha trunk mount. Due to a dealer's error I got the backrest for free so I put it to use.
Sounds good. I may spend some time loooking for similar solutions. At closer exam, I'd say these headrests were from an '01 Acura Integra. . . B)

Thanks a lot!

I have an Automotive Headrest for my pillion's backrest! she loves it! we have put 20K+ miles on with no problems. my wife will not ride without it. it was originally a front seat headrest from a 1986 Nissan Maxima SE. I had it recovered with vinyl that was close to the original seat pattern. the mounts are steel plates with tubing welded to it, the posts slip into rubber hose pressed into the tubes. it is very easy to remove, just pull it out. but it stays in place very well also.

FJRBACK.jpg

Mounts.jpg

BktMounted.jpg

Seatback.jpg