upcoming ADK rides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know of any right now, but you never know what might come up.

A lot of us are using our time off (and kitchen passes) in September to ride down to Johnson City, Tennessee for the FJR Eastern Owners Meeting (aka EOM) taking place on the weekend of the 19th/20th.

Also, we usually run a day ride in southern NH over the Covered Bridges route in the October time frame. Keep watching this area of the forum.

I'm in Bennington Vermont only about 30 East of Albany. I'm always up for a ride to the Adirondacks. I was just there in July for a vacation on my bike and it was a good time. I would be up for a ride in September.

Eric

backat55 did you see the up coming ride in NH,VT this weekend. Some of the group memebers are meeting (staying) at the Fireside inn in West Lebanon NH sounds like a good time I'll will be going up from my house and riding with the guys. Can't wait

Eric

Anyone planning a ride in up state NY [ ADK.] in Sept ? New to forum and new owner of FJKR

I am on Long Island and try to ride upstate as often as time permits, if you post a ride I would ride up , just not the weekend of the EOM meeting in Tenn, since I will be down south .

I'm planning something in the area around Labor Day. Anyone have route suggestions or must see’s in NY? My start is Rhode Island and I think I'll travel across Conn. I have a few riding rules 1. No Interstates. 2. No Box or Chain Stores 3. Stop at points of Interest

Last edited by a moderator:
Check this out:

https://www.motoroads.net/ESTN/

This is the official thread for info on ESTN 2009. The people have spoken! Here are the details:
WHERE: Lake Placid, NY

WHEN: September 11 - 13 (Fri - Sun)

LODGING: Econo Lodge in Lake Placid. Call (518) 523-2817 x300 to reserve your room. More info on the hotel at https://www.econolodge.com/hotel-lake_placi...8?promo=gglocal

We have a block of 30 rooms reserved at the Econo Lodge. It is located 1 mile east of Lake Placid on route 73. The ESTN group rate is $85/night per room plus 10.75% taxes ($94.14 total). Any rooms that are not reserved by August 11th will be released. People will make their own reservations. Call (518) 523-2817 x300 to reserve your room. The group name is "Sport-Touring.Net"

T-shirts: people seem to like getting event T-shirts so I guess we should start thinking of designs, logos, etc

Group Dinner: the hotel has a conference room that can be rented ($50) for a group dinner. They do NOT have a restaurant on-site, but said getting something catered from a business in Lake Placid would be easy. Again, this will a topic for discussion.

Roads/Routes: I'm not a local. I've ridden thru there once. Driven many times. The real fun stuff seems to be off the main state highways, so we'll need some expert advice on where the good stuff is.

Things To Do/See: Lake Placid has lots of stuff to see/do, mostly centered around their hosting two Winter Olympics.

The usual plan is to ride to Lake Placid on Friday, then meet people and hang out in the parking lot Friday night. Ride locally in small groups on Saturday, followed by a group dinner (?) and more BS'ing in the parking lot late into the evening. Ride home on Sunday.

NEW! Web site with combined info: https://www.motoroads.net/ESTN/

i will be at the lake placid stn ride with my wife Margaret aka Bunny. we wont be staying at the econo lodge have had bad experiences there. so we will be staying at the comfort inn. it is a nice hotel right on the lake with a nice breakfast, pool and free boats to use on the lake. we were just there a week ago and Bunny is really looking forward to going back.