Update Delivery Poll for new 06's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When did your new bike come in?

• March 16-31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 1-15

• April 16-30

• May 1-15

• May 16-31

• June 1-15

• June 16-30

• July 1-15

• July 16-31

• Aug 1-15

• Total voters
Enjoy the bike and be careful. Look forward to riding with you soon and this July. You will find the waiting worth it, tis a guarantee. :bleh:

To kaitsdad,

The bike is beautiful, thanks for the pics. :D

Many safe miles may you both travel!

As hard as it was.....Was the wait worth it?

It's a beauty, eh?

Very nice - hopefully I will get the call today - but they semi-promised tomorrow - at least the call, if not the bike. My sales guy was off yesterday - so I'll be calling him in about an hour to see if he has any news.

got his number on speed dial. I think the guy can set his clock by what time the phone rings.

Oh - the phone's ringing must be my 11:00 call from chuck !

Serial number 44 will be delivered to me on Friday 4/14/06

I had no PDP number and placed no order - though I tried.. really - I TRIED ! :D :D :D

Woo hoo. I just stopped by my dealership to get a status check and the delivery truck had just left 5 minutes earlier. I got to see the box before it was even opened.

Here are a couple pics. I need to get all my stuff organized so I can go it this afternoon.

Photo_041306_002.jpg

Photo_041306_003.jpg

Photo_041306_007.jpg

No bags yet. They will come UPS hopefully soon.

Edit: FYI: my VIN is 0263 for those tracking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaitsdad

I like that suit. High visibility appeals to me. What’s the name of it? Is it cool, lightweight, other characteristics? Where are they sold?

Hope that’s not too many questions.

Also, glad ya had a safe trip.

Picked up my '06 today in Bakersfield, CA.

Ordered on 10-18-05.

Previous bike: '77 Kawasaki KZ100 with Windjammer fairing and Chase Harper soft saddle and trunk bags.

Reaction after initial 50 mile ride this evening: Wow! Quick handling, comfortable ride and awesome power. So good it's hard to describe. Definitely worth the wait. I won't post very many messages and will probably miss a lot of good info that I've grown accustomed to over the last six months, but I'll be out riding and not on the computer.

Kaitsdad
I like that suit. High visibility appeals to me.  What’s the name of it?  Is it cool, lightweight, other characteristics?  Where are they sold?

Hope that’s not too many questions.

Also, glad ya had a safe trip.
Glad ya asked !!

That suit is an Aerostitch Roadcrafter - made by Aerostitch in Duluth, MN. You can see another example of it on page 70 of the May 2006 Motorcyclist magazine. That rider is wearing a black with green ballistics.

They offer them off the shelf - DO NOT DO THIS !!

There is a measurements section on the web site - go ahead and do the measurements so you understand what they are looking for - then call them up and ask to speak with Sally. You will be amazed at the customer service.

She sent me an off-the-shelf unit for measurement - once I received it, I put it on and gave her a call - then we worked through a series of measurements (my 19 year old son helped) , then I returned the off the shelf. 4 weeks later, my suit arrived, and it is perfect. With the alterations and options I purchased (shortened the legs and arms, added the forward rotated sleeves, and a double pen pocket on the left shoulder, back protector, hip pads.) my suit cost right at $1K - with shipping. But worth it.

Aerostitch Rider Warehouse

ATGATT

SN 000107 delivered 4/15 .... 20 mi later.... pothole on I 580 E in Oakland bent the rear rim... Frak!!! :dribble:

Now I guess I need to find out what a replacement rim costs as I am sure not going to claim it on insurance...

I've seen posts somewhere on rim straighteners, and need to find out how to remove the rear wheel. (not particularly obvious or clear in service manual I have ...) any quick links would be appreciated.

off topic via PM is great and I will update the appropriate threads to bump them for others who might be interested. and/or edit this post to include thread links.

P.S. I REALLY like the new blue and the dashboard kicks butt. The gearing does seem a little lower. 85 mph at 4500 rpm v. 100 mph 5500 rpm on 2005. not that it really matters like I am going to hit top speed... oh and yes I get 17mpg instantaneous.

Update: Got $ on rear wheel, and went to look closely to find that I bent the front as well. Waiting for repsonse on that $

Wheel repair @ $140 ea + S&H two ways https://www.framestraightsystem.com/Alloywheel.htm

New wheels $245 Rear, ? Front +~$15 freight ea?

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?a...st=0#entry86340

SN 000107 delivered 4/15 .... 20 mi later.... pothole on I 580 E in Oakland bent the rear rim... Frak!!!  :dribble:
Now I guess I need to find out what a replacement rim costs as I am sure not going to claim it on insurance...

I've seen posts somewhere on rim straighteners, and need to find out how to remove the rear wheel. (not particularly obvious or clear in service manual I have ...) any quick links would be appreciated.

off topic via PM is great and I will update the appropriate threads to bump them for others who might be interested. and/or edit this post to include thread links.

P.S. I REALLY like the new blue and the dashboard kicks butt. The gearing does seem a little lower. 85 mph at 4500 rpm v. 100 mph 5500 rpm on 2005. not that it really matters like I am going to hit top speed... oh and yes I get 17mpg instantaneous.
FJR4Fun, I'm sorry you got bit by a pothole - it could have been worse !!

There was a thread a bit ago - in the 'pre-hack' time period. I saved the link for the wheel repair -

Wheel Repair

Don't know if they can help - but would be interested to know what your experiences are.

Got notified by Tony of Yamaha Sportscenter in Texarkana, TX that my bike arrived (Thursday April 20th). Picked it up today (Friday April 21st).

Ordered Dec. 6, 2005

Dealer received April 20, 2006

I picked up April 21, 2006

I live in Wylie, TX

I think that answered all your questions.

Helllo Everybody

Walked into Garner's Yamaha in Hobbs NM yesterday (Saturday), to look at the Yamaha Roadstar Warrior & Kawasaki Concours. Back & forth between the two, stuck in an endless loop till the salesman told me he had an 06 fjr that came in the day before. In less than a minute from seeing the bike I had him put a SOLD sign on it. Hope to pick it up on Wednesday.

I had inquired about the bike at 2 different dealerships, but they both told me it would be July before they received their next one. It was a shock to hear that the bike was in the store & not spoken for. Didn't check the VIN, I'll post it when I do.

It's now Wednesday 4/26/06.

Bike # 595 is in my garage now. 25 mile ride from dealership. Riding @ 70 mph felt like I was barely even moving. More comfortable than first anticipated. Grips harder than they look. Purchased a Fulmer Modus full face helmet to go with new ride. Wind noisier than I expected. Bike rode great over the tar snakes.

Hope to get more seat time this weekend.

bob

Walked into my Yamaha Dealer in Athens Tennessee to see if he knew anymore information on my bike. He told me I sure knew how to ruin a surprise cause it came in this morning and they are prepping it now. I walked back and looked at my new bike getting the front wheel put on. Finally it has come and I will be gone riding tomorrow...Bike # 821

#623 is out sitting in my garage right now! WOOOOHOOOOO 125 mile ride home from the dealer...very nice bike!

Paid my deposit in November.

Oh, and I have the 17.0 mpg too!

Hi All,

Picked up my '06 this morning from Apex Sports in Colorado Springs, CO. :)

VIN# 880 :)

Only got to ride a little (still less than 100 miles), butt...it sure is going to be FUN!!!!

Hi All,
Picked up my '06 this morning from Apex Sports in Colorado Springs, CO.  :)

VIN# 880  :)

Only got to ride a little (still less than 100 miles), butt...it sure is going to be FUN!!!!
Uncle Bud,

Congrats on the new ride! BTW have I told you latley, YOU SUCK :D

Sorry, just the waiter in me coming out. I'll see you in Hyder where we can compare our blue bikes ;)

Well, the wait is over. I took delivery of a beautiful blue '06A this afternoon from Brenham Motorsports in Brenham, Texas. What can I say, the bike is just amazing. It was dificult not to smile all the way back home (about 60 miles). I tried to change speeds as much as reasonable to help with the break-in and didn't exceed the required 4K RPM except perhaps a couple of times. Even being this careful is easy to see that this machine is awesome.

A big thank you to all of you guys in this forum who made me consider the FJR, for what I have already seen in just a few hours it was well worth the wait.

:clap: :clap:

I picked mine up on apr 18th. put deposit down on dec 31st. and got bike #08? one hell of a bike.

Greetings from Montreal

Moving to an FJR from a Concours. My unit, S/N 112 arrived at the dealer's on Wednesday April 26 and I picked her up yesterday. Ordered in February - no prepay pogram up here, thank goodness.

Not quite the same as my last ride. :D