UPDATE - DUE To impending severe weather the PNW Fall Tech Meet #17 - October 22nd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up north is predicted to have bad weather.

Wind storm equals work for me...hoping for a slow storm!

Looking forward to Saturday, rain or shine!

--G

I think the truck may actually get used Saturday. I actually don't have anything to do... ok, I need to flush the KTM's brakes and install the mounts for the replacement pannier, but really, that's it.

So Brian, if things get as bad as the weather guessers are predicting, do you got a generator? Definitely think I will show up at the start but not sure how long I will be there.

So Brian, if things get as bad as the weather guessers are predicting, do you got a generator? Definitely think I will show up at the start but not sure how long I will be there.
Oh yeah. Usually have one or two mutli-day (up to 7 day) power outages a year

I won't make it please take me off the head count list. I'm going to be called into work for the storm.

I won't make it please take me off the head count list. I'm going to be called into work for the storm.
I am talking to some of the core group that helps put this on to see if we should postpone to the following Saturday due to the impending storm coming in Friday and Saturday. I will confirm either way later today once I hear back from them.

I am talking to some of the core group that helps put this on to see if we should postpone to the following Saturday due to the impending storm coming in Friday and Saturday. I will confirm either way later today once I hear back from them.
Just for input: I was planning on being a last-minute attendee but not likely now with the weather. I'll definitely attend the following week however and am planning on heading to Sacramento after that if anyone is interested in joining.

WHAT?? Just get your leaf blower out and power dry those FJRs as they ride up.

Wish is was that simple. With the high winds and lots of leaves left in the trees, there will be a lot of branches and trees down. Wouldn't want someone to get hit by one on the way to the tech meet.

Wish is was that simple. With the high winds and lots of leaves left in the trees, there will be a lot of branches and trees down. Wouldn't want someone to get hit by one on the way to the tech meet.
Are in your drive way! :)

UPDATE: the tech meet is moved to Saturday October 22nd due to the high winds and very heavy rain forecast for Friday and Saturday.
Winds are forecast in our area 30-50 mph with gust to 60 which will cause lots of branches and trees down around where I live with a high risk people will get hit by falling debris.

I don't want people to risk the chance of getting hit when we can wait a week for much better weather and experience for all who attend.

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 15th 22nd at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pull pork sandwich, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart +2

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Fontanaman

fjrwalker

audiowize

PigPen

samamoto

harper

JamesW

ahchiu

SeattleTy

Harald

wingshot

n2osx

juniorfjr

RoadTrip

chazglenn3

greysabor

AdamK

ChrisCVo

allrider

redneckj

JohnnyB

squadFiftyOne

paramonkreel

pnkrkr4lif

Please see the updated date for the tech meet above.

I think you made the right decision, but unfortunately won't be able to make the next weekend. Other commitments get in the way, oh for retirement.

I think it is a wise decision to postpone. Much rather ride the bike if at all possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a former resident of this area, thou shalt not ignore these windstorm warnings. The trees that will be blown down can crush SUV's and houses Seen it happen on Whidbey Island.

If there is no snow in the pass and if the downed trees are cleared, I am in for Oct 22.

All you on the wet side of the hill, be safe during this storm.

I will be heading for sunny southern Cal on the 22nd. See you next Spring. Maybe I can get some help adjusting my suspension at that time.
punk.gif