URGENT anyone who knows the givi V46 please read!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leskid

Reaction score
I'm leaving on vacation on Aug 1st. I bought a huge-ass tankbag but it aint gonna cut it so I went to the dealer, who has a givi V46. "I'll take it".

Problem is their distributor cant get me a gen1 mount until end of august.

BluStrk has a gen1 mount for sale like this one

Before I try to con poor Blustrk to RUNNING to UPS or fedex to have it express shipped here in time, I don't even know for sure if this is what I need.

rack.jpg

mounted.jpg

is this the PROPER mount for a givi V46?

bracket.jpg

Agreed, that looks like the correct Givi rack for the V46 to fit a Gen 1 FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the different styles of mount and was wondering about the term 'special' with this SR (special mount), while there are bigger plate-mounts. Specifically, I read that some bags have a built-in quick-connect for the brake lights and I don't see anything like that on the SR mount.

But then again, the only lights on this givi case are 4 little round brake lights, which is a disappointment. When I'm back from vacation, I'm going to see if it's a feasible project to retrofit the big red reflector strip with some custom-built tail/brake lights behind there. If I can do it clean & neat and only lose a 1/2", this might be a good idea.

I'm leaving on vacation on Aug 1st. I bought a huge-ass tankbag but it aint gonna cut it ... ".
...perhaps taking the car might make more sense... ;)
I have a 2 door sport-cage and a big family cage. But I just got the feej, bluetooth / helmet-helmet intercom and the audiovox cruise control. As such, do you actually even THINK my vacation doesn't revolve around the scoot? (especially if the givi case is required.... justified farkling)

But then again, the only lights on this givi case are 4 little round brake lights, which is a disappointment. When I'm back from vacation, I'm going to see if it's a feasible project to retrofit the big red reflector strip with some custom-built tail/brake lights behind there. If I can do it clean & neat and only lose a 1/2", this might be a good idea.
The Givi V46 does not come with lights. Someone on the forum was selling a very bright LE kit that fit it very nicely, but you'll have to search because I don't remember who it was. It uses a simple PC board connector that has the latch clipped off so it comes out easily when you remove the box from the rack.

Givi does sell a light kit with a connector that is static on the mount, but the kit is pricey and not nearly as nice as the LED one.

I also saw someone who had installed running lights in the top corners of the V46, but I don't remember where I saw that.

The advantage of that Givi rack is that it nounts very securely and relieves some from the stress from the rear sub-frame so you can carry a load without cracking the sub-frame.

I don't know why it's 'special' other than maybe because it is made specifically for a single model bike.

Last edited by a moderator: