US / Canada Exchange Rate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JamesW
Could never understand why more folks from the great PNW do not take advantage of the great riding to the North.
James, I didn't see you at Barb's get together on the island. We were easy to miss, there were only 70 of us and some of those southern folks also.

"PNW do not take advantage of the great riding in the North"... you say the funnest things sometimes.
Never can get the time for big gatherings, only leave the wife and horses for a few days at a time and rather spend that riding. Usually three nites away from home is about max which is why big loop drives thru BC and Alberta are so attractive. My social fjr life is at the two tech meetings every year which are firmly entrenched on my calendars. I am always open for RTEs but do not see many of them lately.

Tongue and cheek comment to follow.......

Does anyone find it coincidental that BeemerDon passes and the Canadian dollar takes a complete nosedive thus preventing all the frost backs from being able to travel south??? Even on the eve of the great Irish wake, this man can control the immigration of the Canucks. This is why so many loved/love this man!!

The last sentence was not tongue in cheek, just the truth!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tongue and cheek comment to follow.......Does anyone find it coincidental that BeemerDon passes and the Canadian dollar takes a complete nosedive thus preventing all the frost backs from being able to travel south??? Even on the eve of the great Irish wake, this man can control the immigration of the Canucks. This is why so many loved/love this man!!

Build a fence, the Kanuckistani's will pay!

On a good note, now my credit cards have a chip in them and that will make gassing up a lot easier.
That's for sure Pops! Finally getting my CCs changed out to chips. Last Summer's trip was a PITA a couple times when the old CCs didn't work for fuel. Those unplanned expenditures make the cash disappear.

--G

Tongue and cheek comment to follow.......
Does anyone find it coincidental that BeemerDon passes and the Canadian dollar takes a complete nosedive thus preventing all the frost backs from being able to travel south??? Even on the eve of the great Irish wake, this man can control the immigration of the Canucks. This is why so many loved/love this man!!

Haha, we have a member of the Canadian Liberation Army in AZ as we speak.........

Ya with dollar like it is, I've already cancelled plans for NAFO. I'll be at EOM though.

Yeah, just got back off a Caribbean cruise, and of course the dollar dumped just before we got off the boat. I think the on board bill was more than I paid for the cruise, and the mandatory tipping was dam near 1 months wages :) (OK, maybe a slight exaggeration) . Have cancelled the usual 2 weeks in Hawaii in April, but still doing my 1 week solo trip in August thru Cali, Nevada and anywhere else that grabs my attention. Might even do a drive in and get Seth to do up my seat.

But even with the exchange it's still cheaper to go south to fill up my tank.. Luckily the border is only 20 minutes for me..

I'm thinking of buying a few Canadian now, to save for the trip up north this summer.
We take very little Canadian currency north of the border, but it is wise to get a little here before you go. We rely almost exclusively on charge cards where the exchange rate is calculated precisely every time you use it. Same with debit or ATM. Get $100 Canadian out of the machine and have your account back home charged $65 US. And we always fill before crossing, then run 'em near dry before crossing back into the US and filling here.

Last edited by a moderator: