US FJR13AEV (C) ECU Melt down in Ireland

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Shinypartsup

Got the package yesterday, and as your address is on the package I'll sort the other thing out for you asap.

I have discovered that the dealer obviously didn't know what he was looking at as the part that melted and is causing the problems:

Parts List

2D2-86510-00-00 MOTOR CONTROL UNIT $1,372.99

This is completely different from what they said it was.

I looked at the conversion option and found that Yamaha won't tell you that the SHIFT CAM Assembly and Neutral Point also need to be changed as well as the Wiring Loom.

So this will need a lot of time and money either way.

BTW I have checked the whole system and found nothing that would cause this issue, all wiring is corosion free and cleaner than most bikes I've had before...

I am now considering just dismantling the machine and selling it for parts...

Anyone interested in the parts, let me know.. Only 2006 FJR1300AE in the world being dismantled at this moment.

:unsure:

Hi ShinypartsupGot the package yesterday, and as your address is on the package I'll sort the other thing out for you asap.

I have discovered that the dealer obviously didn't know what he was looking at as the part that melted and is causing the problems:

Parts List

I looked at the conversion option and found that Yamaha won't tell you that the SHIFT CAM Assembly and Neutral Point also need to be changed as well as the Wiring Loom.

BTW I have checked the whole system and found nothing that would cause this issue, all wiring is corosion free and cleaner than most bikes I've had before...

Anyone interested in the parts, let me know.. Only 2006 FJR1300AE in the world being dismantled at this moment.

Kev, I'm sorry to hear it won't work out for you. At least you got the ECU you don't need now [sorry about the black humor]. No worries about me, just do what you need to do. It must be horribly frustrating and is a damn shame abouut the bike. I hope in the end you get your investment (mostly) back and get some reliable wheels. When I get over there again I'll look you up.

Michael

Hi ShinypartsupGot the package yesterday, and as your address is on the package I'll sort the other thing out for you asap.

Parts List

Key,

Sorry to hear your outcome and hopefully you will be on a new set of wheels before long, too!

Best Regards,

Shane

The attitude of many European Importers is incredible rude and they have zero interest to help or assist if they know you have a US spec bike.

However I must say that I had relatively, prompt and courteous response from Yamaha Germany regarding the ignition switch recall and had it done at a German Yamaha dealership.

Sorry about your problems, maybe you should contact Yamaha Germany and tell them that you are en route on a European tout and are having serious bike troubles.

FWIW

Alfred

Thanks lads for the concern and advise

Here's a pic of the offending MCU on the Left and the ECU courtesy of Shinypartsup on the right

24062009191.jpg

I have adverised the bike on Mobile.de (Germany)

www.mobile.de

Kev

Last edited by a moderator: