USA4Corners Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvail

Reaction score
Told my wife this winter that I should do a 4 corners ride next year. She told me I said that last year, so what's a fellow to do. I checked into the SCMA for my official tour package and waited for the school year to be over. I took an early week off in hopes of beating the heat and departed on my trip June 5th and got back home July 1st. Started the official run in Key West FL on the 11th and headed up to Madawaska ME. From there to Blaine WA via Chicago and then on to San Ysidro CA. Trip was uneventful, except for a tire replacement in Chicago.

Total door to door miles were 11,700 and the actual Four Corners was just under 8,000 miles. No iron butt ride this was a total of 27 days (I took a couple of days off, so 25 in the saddle), so average of 468 mi/day, some more some less.

Once I finished in San Ysidro I skidaddled back to Denver, but that portion was brutal. Baker CA 111 degrees, Vegas 109 and out in AZ/UT corner was a steady 111/113. I just kept telling myself "This is a dry heat and really feels good!"

Pics to be posted on my Picturetrail site.

p.s. Real sorry about your mishap, WC. I guess you saved some gas for me, since I used appx 390 gallons. Chevron shut me down several times and I had to go in and confer with the attendant. Not fun for either of us! :assassin:

Dale, hope you heal up real soon and maybe we'll see you in Park City.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, Bob. What a ride! :yahoo: :clapping:

I assume you'll be regaling us with pictures and stories @ WFO. :)

Congratulations, Bob. What a ride! :yahoo: :clapping: I assume you'll be regaling us with pictures and stories @ WFO. :)
At my age, I will probably have forgotten all about the details :rolleyes: I should probably bring the extremely expensive 'coffee table' book that the SCMA mailed. I was pretty happy when I reached Chicago, since I was more than half way through and I got to see my wife and daughter who were visiting with friends. I will certainly look forward to sharing some of my experiences with you, especially over a sparkling adult beverage. This little 500 mile jaunt to Park City will seem like a short commute - I do plan on it as a day ride.

Looking forward to it. You can share a diet soda with "Uncle" Dave and I. Then I can listen wistfully to the tales of your 4-corners trip and Dave's border-to-border run.

Looking forward to it. You can share a diet soda with "Uncle" Dave and I. Then I can listen wistfully to the tales of your 4-corners trip and Dave's border-to-border run.
I'll be there to share my B2B experiences with Kaitsdad, Bluestreek and listen to my old BUDDIES, Bob and Mike!! Should be a short conversation, HUH??!! :clapping:

I'll be there to share my B2B experiences with Kaitsdad, Bluestreek and listen to my old BUDDIES, Bob and Mike!! Should be a short conversation, HUH??!! :clapping:
Pretty much the same story, "ride, eat, sleep, ride, eat, sleep, etc." Actually met some pretty interesting folks on my trip.

Congrats, bvail. Sounds like a wonderful trip. That one's on my list for sometime when I have the time away from work to accommodate it.

Congrats, bvail. Sounds like a wonderful trip. That one's on my list for sometime when I have the time away from work to accommodate it.
Work? Whazatt? Actually, I do 'work' as a bus driver (I'm retired), so I get summers off.

I surely hope you get the time to do this one day. It's not just getting to the four corners, but seeing the sights and meeting the people in between. Nice thing about the 4 corners is there is a lot of real estate and people in between... :)

bvail, you confuse me with, (headed up to Madawaska ME. Did you know they are in their 'own' time zone?) Madawaska is eastern standard, but across the river in Edmonston, New Brunswick, Canada is a different time zone. I am planning of doing the 4 corner ride in the summer of 08 and ending in Madawaska. Congraduations of completing the route.

bvail, you confuse me with, (headed up to Madawaska ME. Did you know they are in their 'own' time zone?) Madawaska is eastern standard, but across the river in Edmonston, New Brunswick, Canada is a different time zone. I am planning of doing the 4 corner ride in the summer of 08 and ending in Madawaska. Congraduations of completing the route.
As I was going through town, the clock on the bank read an hour later than my time, which was set at Eastern Time zone. Also, I stayed at a campground about 10 miles away that also had a big restaurant. The sign in the window stated that the place was open until 9:00 P.M. and it was pretty much cleared out at 8:00 P.M., but after checking via Google, it is indeed in the Eastern Time Zone. Maybe I was in the Twilight Zone :)

I will change my post accordingly...

That'd be a new record...once in a row! :uhuh: :lol2: