V 46 GIVI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burt the plumber

Reaction score
I would like to do away with the modified mouse trap locking mechanism on my GIVI V46 .I'm just tired of fooling with it,it gets out of wack will not lock with out playing with it,turn the key it's kind of crunchy,now the the thing pops open on the road and the second and third time I did check to make sure it was closed properly before I got on the road,I think it's under a year old . puchased from PCA have not contacted them yet.Any suggestions?

It probably just needs to have the grit cleaned out from inside it. Road grime, especially from wet roads, gunks up the latch mechanism in the mount. (I'm talking about the mount latch, not the lid latch.) You have to remove the lock by removing the screws on the inside of the rear wall of the case, and then you can get to the sliding part of the stuff under the case. It'll be pretty nasty in there.

Wait. You are talking about the lid latch, aren't you? (Sorry, reading is hard...) Same thing, though, the cylinder is probably gritted up. It's not as weatherproof as one would like it to be. It's not hard to remove, and once the lock cylinder is off the case, use some WD-40 as a cleaner. After a while that will dry out, use some graphite lubricant to keep it smooth.

Last edited by a moderator: