V-Stream for '06 yet???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabba

Reaction score
I ordered the V-Stream for my '06 from Gary McCoy at U. Motors. Anybody heard an updated delivery for this thing??? He thought early July when I ordered, but since nobody's posted anything I figgered I'd ask around~

I ordered the V-Stream for my '06 from Gary McCoy at U. Motors. Anybody heard an updated delivery for this thing??? He thought early July when I ordered, but since nobody's posted anything I figgered I'd ask around~
Word from the company was at first by the end of June. At the end of June, they wouldn't say anything but that it's been delayed, and no committment on when, if ever, they get it finished for the '06.

I'm not holding my breath. Great idea, and very nice material. Wish other shield mfrs would use the coated Lexan. But the V-stream will probably be larger than stock. For summer riding, I think I would like at least the same size, if not smaller.

This one's going way back on the burner...

Coated lexan is nice material in some ways, and not so great in others. It's quite strong, optically very clear, and reasonably scratch resistent. However, if you scratch it, it cannot be repaired. polycarbonate (lexan) is also quite chemically active, so you have to be very careful. Ammonia is one of the big no-nos, so anything windex like is out.

Hardened Acrylic is about 75% as strong, nearly as optically clear, and very easy to repair. It's quite chemically inert, you can clean it with anything.

So, while it's true that the optically coated lexan is better looking the day you buy it, a year later the acrylic is going to look as good as new, perhaps with a few minutes work. The lexan is not. Unless you live somewhere where there's neither bugs, sand, nor gravel.