V Stream Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wenmark

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these? How do you like it? Pros & Cons Please. Where did you order it from? I want to order one today, but would like some feedback. If this is been discussed before I apoligize but could not find it on a search. Please let me know. Thank you. :)

Does anyone have one of these? How do you like it? Pros & Cons Please. Where did you order it from? I want to order one today, but would like some feedback. If this is been discussed before I apoligize but could not find it on a search. Please let me know. Thank you. :)
I have a vstream on my 08 and i love it. the only con i have is on hot days it not low enough hot air pocket behind windshield.

I have one on my 04 & like it. I use it as my cold weather shield. Makes a nice still air pocket if I raise it just a bit.

I run the stock shield all the way down in the warmer months. Bought it for $80 here used. Watch the for sale board or post an ad on the wanted board.

I have one that I use for my winter shield here in the colder pacific northwest. It works great in cold weather and the wife likes the wind protection she gets with it. Althought I used to live in FL and know that it gets cold occasionally, I wouldn't run one down there. It is about 4 inches taller than stock and at least the same wider and blocks a lot of wind which I wouldn't want in FL. I bought my Vstream for about $125 new, but my source is no longer available so you'll have to search the net for pricing.

For summer use around here (and year 'round use in FL) I have a Cee Bailey shield with flip that's only 2 inches taller than stock and no additional width. That CB shield works great to reduce buffeting that I get with the stock shield when raised. And if I want more air, it flows good when lowered.

Check over in the "For Sale" are as there is a Free to use Vstream circulating around the country. I had for a while and it was okay, but not for me. Did not do the job I wanted and my passenger said it had way more buffeting for her than the stocker. Just my $.02 worth. YMMV.

Mine is on a GenI which is far superior to yours, but that's another story.... ;)

I have one. I like it. Works well to deflect the environment and keep me warmer in the winter. It's a large barn door and your mileage will drop off a couple MPG. It also has some low pressure buffeting in the full up position that can be annoying. I used some spacers to help alleviate this. Depending on your height this may or may not be an issue. The shorter you are the less you’ll notice it.

In the summer it's too bloody hot for me to keep it on. Johnny80s uses spacers and loves his year round, but then again he's sort of the forum dufas too.

Many have CeeBailys, Cal-Sci, etc. It's real personal each loves or hates it for similar reasons. Not sure there is a perfect windshield, but I think you'd like it. Do a search and you’ll find a ton on this.

My clicky on tuning spacers.

Good luck in your decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one on my 2007. If it were 2" taller, it would be perfect for my 6-2" frame. By "Perfect" I mean I would be in a bubble that you could light a match behind. As it is now, I feel a little wind which is no trouble but the buffeting from semi's makes for a rough ride but I'm not sure if any wind screen would fair any better. You'll like the V-stream.