v-stream windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3529

Reaction score
I had posted on the forum looking to buy a larger windshield for my 2005 fjr. Shep obliged with his Rifle Sport which I got at a price I couldn't refuse. However, I still wanted to try the v-stream that has had everyone raving about how great it is. Scab was nice enough to send me one off his downed fjr. It arrived in better condition than I had suspected with some scratches on the edges but no cracks or scratches that were in the line of sight. I installed the screen and found it to be quite nice though it added a bit of back pressure. The other night the SO and I took a ride to go out for dinner and she said that there is significantly more wind than with the Rifle. Combine that with the back pressure I was experiencing and we decided to go back to the Rifle. So...I spoke with Scab and he informed me that he would like to see it go on to the next person who wants to "try before they buy". Therefore, I will send this v-stream on to the next person who wants it (free of charge) as long as that person in return agrees that when they have tried it and decided they like it (and buy their own) or not that they will extend this same offer. First to post here and pm me their address will get it. I can't promise you when it will get shipped, work has been keeping me pretty busy but I will get it out asap. Remember, the deal is that if you like it you buy your own and send this one on; if you don't like it just send it on. I know that there are many people on the board who would like to try this screen before plunking down $140 on one. I'm sure glad I was able to try it!!! Thank you again Scab!

I'm in, I'll drop you a PM with my address. Was thinking about buying one for the winter months so this will be a good opportunity to try it out. Thanks Bryan and well you too Scab!

JW

Does this mean we have to be nice to Scab again? Damn, I hate that!
No worries. I have had more than my share of good karma from this forum. We can go back to the thrashing.

I'd be intrested... but are wind screens that same for GenI and GenII?
no.
Damnit Scab, why didn't you buy a GenII before you piled up.
Hell, just let me ride yours. I will quickly rectify that situation. ;)

Hey Bryan,

Did you have the V-stream on with tuning blocks or spacers to tilt it back or in stock config.? Also how was it for solo riding?

Thanks,

Bryce

OK, Looks like it's Vectervp1's turn with the Scab Crash Edition VStream. I ran it on my bike for a few days and really liked it. Although this will be a Winter/Long Trip shield for me. When it's hot I like a little more air getting to me.

Scab: Thanks for letting us try out the VStream!!

Vecter: Send me a PM with your address and I will get it shipped to you. It will be the week after EOM, I'm out of town on business until Wed. night and leave early Thursday AM for EOM!!

Thanks,

JW

OK, Looks like it's Vectervp1's turn with the Scab Crash Edition VStream. I ran it on my bike for a few days and really liked it. Although this will be a Winter/Long Trip shield for me. When it's hot I like a little more air getting to me.
Scab: Thanks for letting us try out the VStream!!

Vecter: Send me a PM with your address and I will get it shipped to you. It will be the week after EOM, I'm out of town on business until Wed. night and leave early Thursday AM for EOM!!

Thanks,

JW
PM sent! I'll keep an eye out for in in about a week or so.

I installed the screen and found it to be quite nice though it added a bit of back pressure. The other night the SO and I took a ride to go out for dinner and she said that there is significantly more wind than with the Rifle. Combine that with the back pressure I was experiencing and we decided to go back to the Rifle.
This is interesting as just today I had done a complete search on the V-Stream and just about every post read folks were praising the V-Stream for the lack of back pressure and when the shield is about 2 inches up there is almost a complete calm experienced by the rider and passenger. And even in the complete down position noticeable differences between the stock window were noted. Though it seemed if you lived in a extra warm climate in the summer to swap out the stock window in the heat. I am looking to purchase the V-Stream from University Motors in the near future and having a Gen II I wonder if this could be a different experience with the Gen I's having this shield? I wouldn't expect that to be the case but this is curious. PM. ><> :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
From all that I have read, and a ride on both Gen I and Gen II with V-Stream shields, I would say that the V-Stream is more comfortable and effective on Gen I bikes.