v-stream windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bryan,Did you have the V-stream on with tuning blocks or spacers to tilt it back or in stock config.? Also how was it for solo riding?

Thanks,

Bryce
Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. I ran it with the stock config. the Rifle tuning block and also tried it with the Skyway spacers. With it tilted back there was less back pressure but it made the shield just as noisy as my Rifle and for the SO there was less wind with the Rifle Sport so that's what we are sticking with. I may have to look into a Rifle touring shield next... Oh, one more thing to note is that my Rifle while it stops most of the direct wind (and the vast majority of bugs) is still cooler in warm weather than the v-stream.

I have a large Cal-Sci for the 06/07 line that I'd be willing to share with someone that wanted to try one.

I currently have and prefer a Cee Baileys +2 with flip, also have a V-Stream I'll use for even more protection during the winter months, but the previous is my favorite for now.

If you're local and want to try it out let me know.

The Scab Vstream is in route to Vectervp1. Just wanted to update everyone that is in line for the trial.

JW

The Scab Vstream is in route to Vectervp1. Just wanted to update everyone that is in line for the trial.
JW
Vectervp1, give us a road test report when you get it up and running would ya? Scab and jwilly you guys are ok in my book. PM. <>< ;)

I found one for my '04, BNIB, from a fella on E-Bay. Cheap. Great luck and a great shield for 6'5" and 36" inseam, +1" Rick Mayer seat. As someone noted above it is coverage enough to actually consider it to be a winter only shield, but I just love it compared to the Yamaha Touring w.s.. Took that off and drilled two 2" NACA ducts in it for experiment on backpressure when next installed. Go V-Stream and leave The Shield to Scab. :paladin:

:yahoo:

JW
Vectervp1, give us a road test report when you get it up and running would ya? Scab and jwilly you guys are ok in my book. PM. <>< ;)
No problem. If I can get enough time this weekend, I'm hoping to take pics and compare it between the stock, stock with laminar lip, and my CB +2 +2 with flip. All of these test will be with the Skyway spacers. I honestly don't know if I'll have time to test all of them, and I'm 99% sure I won't have time to test without the spacers.

This of course is all contingent on getting my FJR back from the shop in time. Its going in for the TBS replacement (finally) this Friday.

Just out of curiousity, did this shield make it around to everybody that wanted to give it a whirl?