V-Strom hand guards and Throttlemeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
I already know this will more than likely get NEPRT'd but I can't find the answer.

Will the combination of V-Strom hand gaurds and a ThrottleMeister work together?

Does having an AE affect the mounting of the V-Strom hand guards?

I already know this will more than likely get NEPRT'd but I can't find the answer.
Will the combination of V-Strom hand gaurds and a ThrottleMeister work together?

Yes they will, however you will need to add spacers inside the Throttlemeister.

Thanks.

What type of spacers? The bike already had the Meister on it when I got it. So I'm not even sure how the throttle end is integrated into the grip.

Yes they will, however you will need to add spacers inside the Throttlemeister.

Thanks.

What type of spacers? The bike already had the Meister on it when I got it. So I'm not even sure how the throttle end is integrated into the grip.
Several washers should do the trick.

There is a bolt at the end of the Throttlemiester, uscrew it and there should be some spacers in it. Go to a hardware store and buy5-6 more similar washers.

I didn't have to use any washers to get my throttlemeister to work with the handguards.

I simply moved the plug inside the handlebar out on both sides to accommodate the handguards. I had to fine tune the throttle side but I was able to get it where it would hold when friction was applied and still not interfere when released. YMMV.

There is a write up for the AE for the left side. If you do a search I'm sure it will turn up.

The hand guards sure work with the Throttlemeister. I don't have an AE, so can't answer that part.

312931310_KnSdH-M.jpg

381193303_Af92e-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer will be found at FJRtech Grass hopper. ;)
:jester:
Thanks. I'll wait it out and see if my stock grip warmers will be enough. Those just aren't a clean enough install for me personally, even now that I've looked around more and found more pics of both AE's and non with the V-strom shields......I just don't like the install. I like the idea though.